SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Social Anxiety Disorder Forums > Social Anxiety Forum
 
Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2009
206Raider's Avatar
Expert User
 

becuase girls say im cute and everything but I spend so much time alone and they wonder why I'm so quiet and can't talk. I'm just tired of being alone. Is there a place people like us can chat or something, text or IM.
206Raider is offline  
Old 03-04-2009
PinkFrog's Avatar
Newbie User
 

I prefer a shy guy versus an outgoing one because there's less pressure to be "cool" in front of them. You can just be yourself.
PinkFrog is offline  
Old 03-04-2009
Ubersonic's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 206Raider View Post
girls say im cute
They probably mean it, but I've learned that cute doesn't = the guy they want to date.
Ubersonic is offline  
Old 03-04-2009
SickJoke's Avatar
Expert User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubersonic View Post
They probably mean it, but I've learned that cute doesn't = the guy they want to date.
Hahaha exactly

206 you might get responses here from girls that actually prefer shy guys, but remember this is a SA forum, not representative of the general population
SickJoke is offline  
Old 03-04-2009
mismeek's Avatar
Expert User
 

SHY GUYS ARE HOT! lol we should all just make a room in aim chat or something
mismeek is offline  
Old 03-04-2009
 

Yeah i know how you feel... popular, good looking girls think im cute too and flirt with me. They always ask me why i don't talk, and tell me that i need to talk more. Today a girl asked me if i had a tongue. And the other day i herd a girl tell her friend that she thinks im really cute but am really shy. I don't think they understand my problem. The fact that girls are interested in me only makes me more depressed and shy (yeah i know, weird) because i get the feeling that a relationship is available but i cant have it or deserve it... if that makes any since.

But yeah i think girls like shy guys because we are mysterious and different than the typical guy.
Rise Against is offline  
Old 03-04-2009
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Against View Post
Yeah i know how you feel... popular, good looking girls think im cute too and flirt with me. They always ask me why i don't talk, and tell me that i need to talk more. Today a girl asked me if i had a tongue. And the other day i herd a girl tell her friend that she thinks im really cute but am really shy. I don't think they understand my problem. The fact that girls are interested in me only makes me more depressed and shy (yeah i know, weird) because i get the feeling that a relationship is available but i cant have it or deserve it... if that makes any since.

But yeah i think girls like shy guys because we are mysterious and different than the typical guy.
In answer to the first paragraph- At least they show interest in you, I havnt had any intrest in me shown. Even if they showed interst but commented on how quiet i was, i wouldnt mind, at least it would be something. It would still make me feel better than never being noticed by girls. Don't like to admit it but reading stuff like that makes me feel really jealous. And personally i wouldnt say i'm ugly, but it does it just makes me wonder if I am when ive never been told how i look from a girls perspective, or had any interest shown in me from them. Makes me sometimes think I'm ugly when if it wasn't for that i'd probably think I looked ok. Maybe its because i have long hair, who knows.

In aswer to last line- Well i hope really hope some do, i would love to think that some do, and I wish there were some who i knew. The ones i come into contact with (not really contact but you know, in my surroundings) seem to be the opposite.
thor01 is offline  
Old 03-04-2009
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor01 View Post
In answer to the first paragraph- At least they show interest in you, I havnt had any intrest in me shown. Even if they showed interst but commented on how quiet i was, i wouldnt mind, at least it would be something. It would still make me feel better than never being noticed by girls. Don't like to admit it but reading stuff like that makes me feel really jealous. And personally i wouldnt say i'm ugly, but it does it just makes me wonder if its got anything to do with how i look when ive never been told how i look from a girls perspective, or had any interest shown in me from them. Makes me sometimes think I'm ugly when if it wasn't for that i'd think I looked fine really. Maybe its because i have long hair, who knows.

In aswer to last line- Well i hope really hope some do, i would love to think that some do, and I wish there were some who i knew. The ones i come into contact with (not really contact but you know, in my surroundings) seem to be the opposite.
Im sorry if it sounded like i was bragging but im not. Its so weird because girls view me as cute but i don't see myself as good looking. Maybe thats why im so shy... because i don't feel like i deserve to be with beautiful girls.
Rise Against is offline  
Old 03-04-2009
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Against View Post
Im sorry if it sounded like i was bragging but im not. Its so weird because girls view me as cute but i don't see myself as good looking. Maybe thats why im so shy... because i don't feel like i deserve to be with beautiful girls.
Oh no i'm definatley not saying you were bragging, sorry if i got carried away and it seemed like i was. just letting my own furstration out from inside haha. I like people to post what happens to them, youre just being honest. And im glad you get some attentian, I was just basically saying I wish i did sometimes. If they show interst then you cant be ugly to them. So I wouldnt miss opertunities you want to take because you think you dont deserve them.

To 206Raider I know how you feel too.
thor01 is offline  
Old 03-05-2009
mndigi's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

One time an uncle I had told me that girls like shy guys. I took it to heart so much that it cost me heavily. I started to believe that a lot of girls were showing interest in me by frequently staring at me. So I started to act smart and cool. But then I became very insecure about acting foolish instead and so became very depressed and anxious. I withdrew in my shell again and locked myself away from the world while time passed. And in the end I was left to regret all the time which had passed and wish for it forever.

So the question whether girls like shy guys cost me very heavily. I wish I could have thought that I couldn't care less when my uncle had told me about it.
mndigi is offline  
Old 03-05-2009
recluse's Avatar
Elite User
 

I sure hope they do.
recluse is offline  
Old 03-05-2009
 

Sure some girls do,just like some people like vanilla over chocolate,its all a matter of preference..But if you read some of the other posts on here regarding this you would realize that its the general consensus that most girls like the confident,alpha males...Luckily not every single last woman on the planet,cause then this would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things..I personally like what I like,if no one agrees than thats their problem...I've been with both types of men and cant say the relationships with the out-going confident ones were that much better..Alot of people(not all)are easily influenced,they tend to follow what everyone else likes,does..I bet most shy girls would prefer shy boys,living vicariously through each other..
licorice is offline  
Old 03-05-2009
Uix
Uix's Avatar
Newbie User
 

I think most girls do or definitely can. shy guys can sometimes seem insecure which is the only reason i could see it really being unattractive. most girls find insecurity very unattractive. aslong as you show a reasonable amount of confidence and not too much insecurity i can't see a girl not liking you because you're shy. if anything theyl probably like it more.

just my opinion
Uix is offline  
Old 03-05-2009
Havocan's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

Why do they always ask one why one's so quiet if they know one is shy?
Havocan is offline  
Old 03-05-2009
Ubersonic's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havocan View Post
Why do they always ask one why one's so quiet if they know one is shy?
Because It's weird and foreign to their personality, and they legitimately want to know why. Many girls are socialized on a level that is hard to comprehend.
Ubersonic is offline  
Old 03-05-2009
 

Lots of generalizing here,it goes both ways...I keep hearing these phrases about how girls have been socialized,what about how the boys have been socialized and how it may affect the shy girls?
licorice is offline  
Old 03-05-2009
Ubersonic's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by licorice View Post
Lots of generalizing here,it goes both ways...I keep hearing these phrases about how girls have been socialized,what about how the boys have been socialized and how it may affect the shy girls?
What about it?
Ubersonic is offline  
Old 03-05-2009
 

FIRSTLY u need to classify guys into three stereotype, shy and SADs. then much of the problem in discussing this will be solved. now the problem with the girls is that they generally like the guy who is liked by other girls also, they often dont give their own tastes a chance.as far as their general choices are concerned do u really need to know from others, i see half of the girls with confident guys and half with shy ones. believe me it depends on the personal choice, as does our.
oBSama is offline  
Old 03-05-2009
 

Maybe the pressure to look and behave like some of these vapid hollywood bimbos that are plastered all over the tv and magazines..What if some amazing girls dont feel they can ever compete with that thus resulting in them becoming shy and insecure..Since looks seems to be such a high priority these days and of utmost importance..e.g-a talentless Britney Spears becoming as rich and famous as she did,do you think she would have if she was unattractive?
licorice is offline  
Old 03-05-2009
Ubersonic's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by licorice View Post
Maybe the pressure to look and behave like some of these vapid hollywood bimbos that are plastered all over the tv and magazines..What if some amazing girls dont feel they can ever compete with that thus resulting in them becoming shy and insecure..Since looks seems to be such a high priority these days and of utmost importance..e.g-a talentless Britney Spears becoming as rich and famous as she did,do you think she would have if she was unattractive?
I think everyone can agree that pop stars serving as role models to impressionable girls is a very very bad thing. It's a shame that all those fashion magazines are marketed towards teen girls, and the teen girls are buying into it :/

It also teaches many guys to see girls as mere objects.
Ubersonic is offline  
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to Do do girls really like shy guys...?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guys: Ask Us Girls! Riiya Social Anxiety Forum 251 04-29-2010 09:20 AM
why do the bad guys get all the girls? silverwolf Social Anxiety Forum 26 12-30-2009 06:57 PM
Guys: Ask Us Guys! (about girls) SickJoke Social Anxiety Forum 12 02-20-2009 02:07 AM



Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:24 PM.