SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Other related Disorders > Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

Post New Thread Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2009  
Newbie User
 

Default Do you feel like a loser?

Sorry to provoke any negative emotions and this is probably a thread several times over, but i need some help.

Basically this avoidant personality, just makes me feel weak. Why can't i just open my mouth and say something... It's just frustrating. I mean it's like easy. All of this is in my head. All i am doing is making myself miserable... If i could make a few friends my life would be great.

But then do people actually wanna be my friend. Maybe i am annoying and boring and irrating and stupid and in actual fact it's not in my head. In actual fact i am just a loser quiet simply.

Then another thing that has just made me feel like shit today is the fact my mum wants to come and visit me at uni> I told her no. NOT because i am ashamed of her. But because i am ashamd of myself. Because i am not living the 'uni' life tht i want to live. Because i am not at the centre of things or even have any cool friends. I don't want her to realise what an actual loser i am.

Sorry for this post. But well i just need to get this out...
5020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009  
Banned
Elite User
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

I most certainly do feel like a loser.
Noca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009  
Advanced User
Nicholas's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

I certainly feel like a loser because I look like one!
I might be nice, intelligent, sensitive, whatever, but people can only see me like a big loser, you know, the typical total loser, because that's what I look like on the outside. It bothers me because I feel judged, under pressure, like I always need to demonstrate something. Screw it.
Nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009  
Intermediate User
EgoZero's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Yes I feel like a big pathetic loser, because I am one.
EgoZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009  
Banned
Elite User
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Yep.......
Jake123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009  
Advanced User
BlackKids's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Nope I'm not a loser.

Losers let it happen where as winners make it happen. So if your not trying then yes I can see why youd think that

No Guts No Glory
Onwards and Upwards
Beleive : Achieve


100 Press up challenge!
BlackKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009  
Intermediate User
Off The Wall's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Yes. I feel like the biggest loser every weekend i sit inside with my mum and her bf (who i hate and would much rather be anywhere else but where i am) and i sit there well in the other room watching tv... knowing that they know i'm a complete loser with no friends.. i feel so uncool.
Off The Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009  
Mad Max
Elite User
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
Only sometimes. Most of the time I do not feel like either a loser or a winner. I just accept reality and try to do something about it if its not how I want it to be, which is what I've been doing lately.

What is a winner anyway? A highly social person with a lot of friends that often goes out and has no anxiety?

I consider a winner to be someone successful at their goals and also someone who has had some sort of impact to this world, be it small or big. With that being said, there are a lot of winners out there with probably more awkward personalities than you, me and anyone else in here. (ie, Bill Gates perhaps? Not sure but he seems pretty awkward to me and I doubt he had much of a social life)

Don't take it too seriously man, just take action upon it! Face your fears and repeat, repeat, repeat. Look into an university and start thinking of goals and your future.

Best wishes.
I'm reppin' you like a mofo for this post.

To embed YouTube videos, delete the "s" in "https" in the address.

Last edited by FountainandFairfax; 10-12-2009 at 01:32 AM..
FountainandFairfax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009  
Newbie User
typewriterx's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Yeah, often times I do, but I just make it my thing. Whether I'm a 'loser' or not, I'm fine with it. I do my own thing, and if that's not cool enough for everyone, well, they can all *insert inappropriate phrase here*.

&I'm sure there are people who'd love to be your friend. How I think of it, unless you're horribly mean [which you don't seem like it], there's someone who wants&needs a friend like you. You might just be looking in the wrong places. Sooner or later you'll stumble along some rad people.
typewriterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009  
Newbie User
BoredBoredBored's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Yes. What keeps me going is that I know that I have the potential to not be a loser. The only problem is that I have been saying that to myself for my entire life, yet I still can't break the cycle that I am in.
BoredBoredBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009  
Banned
Elite User
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Jake, I'd just like to point out that you were given every opportunity to succeed.

There was even going to be a party for you. A big party that all your friends were invited to.

I invited your best friend Agoraphobickatie. Of course, she couldn't come because she hates you. All your other friends couldn't come either because you don't have any other friends. Because of how unlikeable you are.

It says so here in your personnel file: Unlikeable. Liked by no one.
A bitter, unlikeable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.
'Shall not be mourned.' That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official.
It also says you were adopted. So that's funny, too.

You're a loser, Jake.
Jake123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009  
Elite User
Luke1993's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Haven't won anything, so yes I'd say I'm a loser. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter!
Luke1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009  
banned on request
Elite User
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredBoredBored View Post
Yes. What keeps me going is that I know that I have the potential to not be a loser. The only problem is that I have been saying that to myself for my entire life, yet I still can't break the cycle that I am in.
totally agree!
chained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009  
Sunday Girl
Intermediate User
Sinopia's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Yes I'm definately a loser. I suck at life. I'm useless. I'm bad at everything. I lost my job, because I wasn't talkative enough, so my co-workers and my boss thought I was too boring. I'm 23 and I've never had a bf. I can't even make it to have more friends. I really hate myself. I wish I could be more like the others and be less like me. There's just no cure for it.

Live your life as a work of art...
Sinopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009  
Taking a break
Intermediate User
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

i do because i know i do not try hard enough and no one, not even me likes that
Nocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009  
Newbie User
fedupoffear88's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinopia View Post
Yes I'm definately a loser. I suck at life. I'm useless. I'm bad at everything. I lost my job, because I wasn't talkative enough, so my co-workers and my boss thought I was too boring. I'm 23 and I've never had a bf. I can't even make it to have more friends. I really hate myself. I wish I could be more like the others and be less like me. There's just no cure for it.
Theres most definitely the cure for it, all you gotta do is face your fears and try to change what u r to what u want to become...I know it might b very easy for me to say but trust im here for the same reason as you, i have SP/SA. I face my fears everyday and try to change myself, a step, a day, a moment at a
time. There will be ups nd downs, but at the end of the day you will feel proud of urself, cuz atleast u tried and succeeded to some extent!!! Good luck
fedupoffear88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009  
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy
Expert User
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5020 View Post
Sorry to provoke any negative emotions and this is probably a thread several times over, but i need some help.

Basically this avoidant personality, just makes me feel weak. Why can't i just open my mouth and say something... It's just frustrating. I mean it's like easy. All of this is in my head. All i am doing is making myself miserable... If i could make a few friends my life would be great.

But then do people actually wanna be my friend. Maybe i am annoying and boring and irrating and stupid and in actual fact it's not in my head. In actual fact i am just a loser quiet simply.

Then another thing that has just made me feel like shit today is the fact my mum wants to come and visit me at uni> I told her no. NOT because i am ashamed of her. But because i am ashamd of myself. Because i am not living the 'uni' life tht i want to live. Because i am not at the centre of things or even have any cool friends. I don't want her to realise what an actual loser i am.

Sorry for this post. But well i just need to get this out...


Hi 5020,

Don't apologize that's why this forum is here. I am going to be blunt with you, and I hope you won't be offended.

This is a serious illness that WILL take your life (figuratively or literaly) unless you do something about it. It's not going to go away, ever, unless you get the proper help. Don't have any illusions, if you need examples of people suffering for decades I can provide them easily. Suicide is also a possibility for SA sufferers. In short, you need to understand that this is a life or death struggle which you must win at all costs. You cannot allow this to continue.

Are you willing to face the possibility that you may really be a loser after all? Maybe you are stupid, boring, and irritating. Maybe you are a complete dork no one could ever like. Maybe youre not meant to have friends. And maybe youre life is never going to be okay. But, I will tell you something: It's not going to get worse than it already is. You are already friendless, desperately unhappy, living as a shell of your true self, probably thinking of suicide frequently, and hiding from people you love or find interesting. You already are DEAD inside - this is a living DEATH.

You have nothing to lose by admitting the awful truth to yourself and everything to gain, because WHAT IF YOU ARE WRONG? What if you are not a real loser after all? In fact, what if people would be friends with you knowing all your most despicable flaws? Even better, what if you didn't need others' approval to have self-worth? You won't know unless you face your fears head on and smash them, and you can succeed at that only by critically analyzing your phobia, discovering the supporting beliefs, and examining and debunking the evidence supporting them. Basicly, CBT. There are a number of techniques which will help but they all require honesty and bravery. You can definately do it, but it won't be easy. Don't forget that we are all in this together (I know it sounds corny) and you and I are in the same boat. I still don't know if I will even survive this, but Im willing to find out.

Best Wishes

Last edited by Phobologist; 10-26-2009 at 06:08 AM..
Phobologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009  
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy
Expert User
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredBoredBored View Post
Yes. What keeps me going is that I know that I have the potential to not be a loser. The only problem is that I have been saying that to myself for my entire life, yet I still can't break the cycle that I am in.
Dude you are one of the good-looking cool guys I see around and would love to make friends with. I would never have guessed you had a mental illness, let alone MY mental illness. So you see, maybe you aren't such a loser?
Phobologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009  
Sunday Girl
Intermediate User
Sinopia's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedupoffear88 View Post
Theres most definitely the cure for it, all you gotta do is face your fears and try to change what u r to what u want to become...I know it might b very easy for me to say but trust im here for the same reason as you, i have SP/SA. I face my fears everyday and try to change myself, a step, a day, a moment at a
time. There will be ups nd downs, but at the end of the day you will feel proud of urself, cuz atleast u tried and succeeded to some extent!!! Good luck
Thanks for your kind words.

Live your life as a work of art...
Sinopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011  
Newbie User
Kasini's Avatar
 

Default Re: Do you feel like a loser?

Sometimes I do, yes.

vulnerable as a ship
but you re not on the sea
can you talk to anyone here?
no, not really
~ Iggy Pop, Social Life
Kasini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to Do you feel like a loser?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I feel better than everybody but to the world I'm a loser 206Raider Social Anxiety Forum 7 07-26-2009 05:46 PM
Ever feel like a complete loser 2Crowded Social Anxiety Forum 12 12-19-2008 11:45 AM
Loser FallingPhoenix Texts, Poems, Dreams, Phrases... 3 07-18-2007 08:33 PM
Feel like the world's biggest loser today forgot_name Social Anxiety Forum 5 01-08-2006 05:22 PM
What is a Loser to you? NeedFriends Off-Topic 16 12-07-2005 04:07 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2