SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic
 
Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2011
 

feeling defeated, yet again. left a party without making a single friend. I just don't understand how to talk to people. I feel like when I'm so nervous, I can't hear what another person is saying and then I end up saying something totally random because I misinterpreted something. Does anyone have any tips on introductions? because I suck at them :[
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
feeling defeated, yet again. left a party without making a single friend. I just don't understand how to talk to people. I feel like when I'm so nervous, I can't hear what another person is saying and then I end up saying something totally random because I misinterpreted something. Does anyone have any tips on introductions? because I suck at them :[
when I was younger I used to do daft things to get noticed. My friend convinced me to go to the pub one night and I put a condom on my head as a bet and blew it up with my nose. This girl walked over and popped it with her nails. Was dating her for 2 months after that. It didn't work again after that.
Dead_on_Arrival is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_on_Arrival View Post
when I was younger I used to do daft things to get noticed. My friend convinced me to go to the pub one night and I put a condom on my head as a bet and blew it up with my nose. This girl walked over and popped it with her nails. Was dating her for 2 months after that. It didn't work again after that.
**** that's a hell of an introduction. I don't know if I'm confident enough to blow a condom up with my nose yet haha. maybe some day...
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
userremoved
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
Sad, paranoid and like no one likes me, lonely. A bunch of negative stuff. I wish I was different. Lately I haven't been very happy with myself. My personality I guess? I don't know. Why can't I just be normal? I keep getting really depressed again lately and I don't know what to do about it but it's driving me crazy. I'm on medication, I have a therapist. I'm just so ****ing lonely and it's pathetic. GAhhhhhhh. I wish someone could help me. I want my mom :(

I'm so tired

I should just pop a Benadryl and go to bed early tonight. Don't want to think any more.
When you get to campus try to sign up with any clubs you see that you have interest in. It might be nerve wracking and scary but it'll be a sure way for you to get people around you. On a side note, if I didn't like you I wouldnt care if you listened to me or not, but tonight we saw that wasn't the case lol. So thats one person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
Like absolute sh**. I tried going out tonight, to some activity they were having for the freshmen, maybe meet new people. So much for that. They were playing a game and they had already started, so I just sat there, by myself, just watching. I leave about a half hour later, and I meet my roommate on the way back. She was with the same friends I had hung out with yesterday with her. Instead of inviting me along like they did yesterday, they just ditched me. :/ Or so it seemed that way. I guess they don't even like me. I'm so lonely and paranoid I can't stand it.

It's only been a day and I already hate it here.

Sorry for whining, I just really needed to vent...
One thing I've learned about people in school is you pretty much have to invite yourself. Or ask if you can come along. I dont think the average teen has the awareness to notice if someone is feeling left out. You can also try out what I suggested to Beatrice in getting involved in clubs. The only reason I dont do it myself is because I dont live on campus and Im a decade older than everyone.
 
Old 08-27-2011
Phoenixx's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipsMcClawski View Post
One thing I've learned about people in school is you pretty much have to invite yourself. Or ask if you can come along. I dont think the average teen has the awareness to notice if someone is feeling left out. You can also try out what I suggested to Beatrice in getting involved in clubs. The only reason I dont do it myself is because I dont live on campus and Im a decade older than everyone.
^ Well I was planning on joining clubs, but nothing's started yet. They made us move in four days early. >.> But anyway, this weekend is going to be long. The first day and a half has already been torture. Seems like everyone but me has made friends. :/
Phoenixx is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
**** that's a hell of an introduction. I don't know if I'm confident enough to blow a condom up with my nose yet haha. maybe some day...
It wasn't a confidence thing. I was bladdered
Dead_on_Arrival is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
userremoved
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
^ Well I was planning on joining clubs, but nothing's started yet. They made us move in four days early. >.> But anyway, this weekend is going to be long. The first day and a half has already been torture. Seems like everyone but me has made friends. :/
It'll just take you a little longer is all. You just got there after all and if you're quiet it might take a bit for people to warm up to you. But the longer you're there you'll start to see the same people and they'll get used to you. Not to mention you have to work on projects with them so you would at the very least get acquainted with one person whether they like it or not lol. I had no friends my freshman year, but I have a few people I can talk to now in my second for those reasons. Just give it some time
 
Old 08-27-2011
Phoenixx's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipsMcClawski View Post
It'll just take you a little longer is all. You just got there after all and if you're quiet it might take a bit for people to warm up to you. But the longer you're there you'll start to see the same people and they'll get used to you. Not to mention you have to work on projects with them so you would at the very least get acquainted with one person whether they like it or not lol. I had no friends my freshman year, but I have a few people I can talk to now in my second for those reasons. Just give it some time
^ Okay. As you can see I have no patience in new situations. Especially those that just increase my anxiety and can't bring myself to say much. I'll try and get some patience though. I'm just mostly waiting for classes to start on Monday.

Thanks
Phoenixx is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
Sial Axetder's Avatar
Amazing curves!
Elite User
 

We understand the misunderstood because we ourselves are misunderstood.

Feeling extraordinarily fine. I'm not a push over.
Sial Axetder is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
 

I'm feeling very much excited my favourite cousin is coming for a visit tomorrow after such a long time
FriendlessGirl is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
 

Oh don't you just hate when you have to edit a post because you made some silly mistake in writing ~
FriendlessGirl is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
WeirdyMcGee's Avatar
Elite User
 

sick.
so sick... can't sleep, though.
puuuu -____-
WeirdyMcGee is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
Phoenixx's Avatar
Elite User
 

Somewhat better this morning. Hopefully today will be a much, much better day.
Phoenixx is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
 

Clostraphobic, stressed, paranoid.
Dead_on_Arrival is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
upndwn's Avatar
Elite User
 

Depressed, tired, sick
upndwn is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
 

Confused. Wondering if something I've just read is some kind of weird joke.
Rembrandt Broam is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
Viper's Avatar
Newbie User
 

Angry. My best friend has thrown me to the side like garbage. My father is trying to cut me out of money on a business partnership we had. Seems people are only there for me when they want something.
Viper is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Seems people are only there for me when they want something.
I know how you feel. My sister and mother are the same. They don't speak to me for weeks then it's "can you just do this for me", "can you babysit".

I feel like a tool to be used and then locked in the toolbox at the back of the shed till it's needed again. I am trying to buck up the courage to challenge my sister as she wants to go away for a week next month to see her boyfriend in germany and wants me to look after both her kids.

Will let you know how I do it and then you might be able to do the same.
Dead_on_Arrival is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
 

I had such a nice time at work today, so yeah i'm happy
ilovenoodles is offline  
Old 08-27-2011
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phocas View Post
Did you just visit someone's profile?
Yeah. And what I read wasn't a joke unfortunately.
Rembrandt Broam is offline  
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to How are you feeling?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone else get this feeling? that_shy_guy Shyness Forum 22 02-01-2013 04:31 PM
Pee feeling? Meow Social Anxiety Forum 56 09-10-2011 09:51 AM



Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:34 PM.