SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Other related Disorders > Agoraphobia Forum
 
Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2014
 

that's all I do really
go to work & back home again
but then I do work quite late in the day (2pm till 10pm) all week
that's probably why I like that kind of work pattern so I don't
have to socialize in the evenings during the week.
Littlewilly is offline  
Old 06-05-2014
 

I can leave the house, I just don't play well with others.

I started my own business (two actually).

Disability / social security isn't really enough to live reasonably on here. People do it, but its a real struggle. I don't think having any money to do anything, even for yourself, is much help to mental health issues. And having no money all the time just sucks.

Id probably kill myself if I had to freeload off my parents. Thats something Id never do.
Lilly789 is offline  
Old 06-05-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinerOfThule View Post
You make me feel so much better about myself.
Sorry you feel that way, but how you feel about whatever you do is not really my problem, or anyone elses. I don't care what other people do, I was talking about myself and my own situation. I didn't even read your original comment (I went back to have a look just now).
Lilly789 is offline  
Old 06-05-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly789 View Post
Id probably kill myself if I had to freeload off my parents. Thats something Id never do.
That's supportive... NOT!
jc972 is offline  
Old 06-05-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly789 View Post
Sorry you feel that way, but how you feel about whatever you do is not really my problem, or anyone elses. I don't care what other people do, I was talking about myself and my own situation. I didn't even read your original comment (I went back to have a look just now).
Strange to bother joining a site like this with that attitude,is this not a socialphobia support site?
Or did you think everyone was here just to support you,but you don't do any supporting.
darrens is offline  
Old 06-05-2014
 

^^ Too bad we don't have a 'like' button for posts.
jc972 is offline  
Old 06-05-2014
kihira's Avatar
A very naughty boy
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinerOfThule View Post
You make me feel so much better about myself.
Freeload is a bit of a loaded word and it implies getting something for nothing - as a parent myself, I have no problem with my children living with me without income so long as they are actively working away at their personal barriers plus contributing to housework etc. If you're giving back in some sort of way, and not taking it all for granted then don't feel the need to label yourself with the title "freeloader"
kihira is offline  
Old 06-05-2014
 

Don't have parents to support me plus I have enough life experience to learn how to take care of myself. I got little investments like gold and silver that I bought in the past and accumulated little by little. I also have a few original art pieces that are worth a few thousand each. I also saved lots of the grant and scholarship money I got from school. Right now I work in a Bio lab. Before all this I forced myself to work all kinds of different jobs. I worked construction and plumbing but could not/did not want to handle the physical labor. Worked security but it was boring at times, little pay, and piece of shit coworkers. I saved a lot of money from these jobs. I learned to live modest and just saved up so I could move on to bigger and better things.
WalkAlone is offline  
Old 06-05-2014
 

Freeloading off parents sounds ok to me until you are ready to make the next step in life,we are all products of different environments.
There is always a tendancy to bash kids for freeloading off their parents,nobody knows what each and every person goes through unless you walk in their shoes.
I have 2 sons i joined here in the probably futile hope of improving my issues so i don't pass my issues to them but should i fail to they can freeload off me for as long as.
People rarely choose that as the ideal path in life so bashing them for it or somehow believing your better because you don't freeload is unsupportive and unhelpful.
darrens is offline  
Old 06-06-2014
dannyboy65's Avatar
Expert User
 

My family helps me probably will for years more and I'm almost 19. Big reason though is my autism makes it hard for me to learn basic stuff. So my family will probably be with me for a long time now. I've never been home alone for a night or anything because I could never look after myself.
dannyboy65 is offline  
Old 06-06-2014
 

For those getting help from your parents, if you're not at least 25 yrs old don't worry about it. The whole "get out when you're 18 yrs old" thing is stupid and unrealistic. At 18 it is just out of high school, you can't get any decent job with a HS diploma. Plus most 18 yr olds simply do not have the maturity and know-how on how to survive. I have never EVER met an 18 yr old who was experienced enough, let alone had the financial stability to be on their own. Many 20 and 30 somethings out there that don't live with their parents still get financial support from them. But they like to point fingers at those less fortunate and at the same time act as if they are truly independent.

Realistically, like I say, 25 yrs old is an more better number. At 25 yrs old a person not only has some life experience, but they should have at least a college degree or learned skill by that time. But this is only under ideal circumstances. In other words, if a person has the right support and mostly everything goes good in their life, then maybe at 25 yrs old they could be self supporting and independent. Obviously, this is not the case for many people. Not everyone is born with the same opportunities and privileges. So to sum up, don't feel bad if things are not worked out yet in your life. And for those that tease you for it, tell them to shut the **** up. Chances are they get their parents to pay their bills/rent.
WalkAlone is offline  
Old 06-06-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinerOfThule View Post
Is that so. I think that you think I'm an idiot.
lol I don't have an opinion on you, or didn't anyway. As I said, I didn't even read your post. Nothing I said had anything to do with you - I was talking about me, which was quite clear in my post. You are the one that made it personal - you are the one who made it about you and are continuing to do so - your choice to do that is not my fault, nor does it have anything to do with me.

Do you think I am not permitted to comment on my own actions or beliefs when it comes to myself? Due to MY personal circumstances, and in MY life and MY family if *I* did that, *I* would probably kill myself. This is fact. If that offends you, it doesn't change a thing. I don't care if you live off your parents and I do not judge you for doing it because what YOU do is irrelevant to me and my life - you are not me. YOUR circumstances are probably very different to mine. Don't assume everything others do in their lives is about you, because its not.
Lilly789 is offline  
Old 06-06-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinerOfThule View Post
From what I understand. You just don't bother to read at all. You didn't even read the thread title but felt like posting your arrogant post anyway because that is what arrogant people like to do.

Why come to a forum and not bother to read. It's pretty basic thing to do.

I tend to think people refer to me when I just quote a comment of my own about freeloading and then the person just below me says if they were a freeloader they would kill themselves. No no. I am reading too much into it and I think everything is about me!

Right.
DUDE... there's like...more to life than just you
jc972 is offline  
Old 06-06-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinerOfThule View Post
I tend to think people refer to me when I just quote a comment of my own about freeloading and then the person just below me says if they were a freeloader they would kill themselves.
umm ok... that's up to you. If I was implying something about YOU, believe me, Id have no issue whatsoever refering directly to you.

But I think you're the one who needs to go back and read the thread - yours is not the first, nor the only post to mention "freeloading" OR living with parents.

I did read some of the posts, just not yours. Even if I had its irrelevant. I wasn't talking about you, and there was no suggestion I was other that your own interpretation. Deal with it... or not.
Lilly789 is offline  
Old 06-06-2014
LimitX's Avatar
Newbie User
 

I started a business in such a way that I do a lot of stuff online, in that way, I only meet my clients when I have to deliver the item to them. It helps me to meet people in sizeable chunks i can handle.
LimitX is offline  
Old 06-06-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly789 View Post

But I think you're the one who needs to go back and read the thread - yours is not the first, nor the only post to mention "freeloading" OR living with parents.
Actually, yes, his was the first one that said the word "freeloading" in a post. I went back and read every single post before his and none said the word 'freeloading'.
jc972 is offline  
Old 06-06-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly789 View Post
But I think you're the one who needs to go back and read the thread - yours is not the first, nor the only post to mention "freeloading" OR living with parents.

I did read some of the posts, just not yours. Even if I had its irrelevant. I wasn't talking about you, and there was no suggestion I was other that your own interpretation. Deal with it... or not.
You had to have read his post because nobody else said the word "freeloading". Nobody. I read them all. Quite a few people realized that you were directing your statement at him.
jc972 is offline  
Old 06-06-2014
 

In other cultures and in other times past, people lived with their extended families their whole lives and even helped with the elderly.(we send every age off to some institution from baby to Grandpa now) For them, Everyone helped raise the babies and the whole family eats together all the time. No one sits alone in a room and suffers, no matter what age or affliction.

I hate modern society. It sucks for everyone. The fact that we spend so much time talking to computer screens is sad, folks!

No wonder we are all on meds for depression.
MollyBeGood is offline  
Old 06-06-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly789 View Post
lol I don't have an opinion on you, or didn't anyway. As I said, I didn't even read your post. Nothing I said had anything to do with you - I was talking about me, which was quite clear in my post. You are the one that made it personal - you are the one who made it about you and are continuing to do so - your choice to do that is not my fault, nor does it have anything to do with me.

Do you think I am not permitted to comment on my own actions or beliefs when it comes to myself? Due to MY personal circumstances, and in MY life and MY family if *I* did that, *I* would probably kill myself. This is fact. If that offends you, it doesn't change a thing. I don't care if you live off your parents and I do not judge you for doing it because what YOU do is irrelevant to me and my life - you are not me. YOUR circumstances are probably very different to mine. Don't assume everything others do in their lives is about you, because its not.
Honestly i think you should just admit you were wrong and stop trying to defend the post,just because you say it is a true statement to your life situation doesn't make it less offensive in the context of this thread,being offensive to people won't make you happy,life is short and i don't know your issues or your age or anything but try being nicer,it might make you happier.
darrens is offline  
Old 10-10-2014
Trashdoll's Avatar
Newbie User
 

I'm on disability, but I also live with family who help for example if my cat needs to go to the vet my sister will take her x
Trashdoll is offline  
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to If you cannot leave your house, how is everyone supporting themselves??
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I should never leave the house. Shy_Gurl2007 Social Anxiety Forum 15 06-19-2012 10:33 AM



Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35 AM.