SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Other related Disorders > Hyperhidrosis Forum
 
Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2016
 

Hi community. I'm back after 10 months more or less.

I started iontophoresis on February of this year I think, with a homemade machine. Never got 100% dryness, it surely improved and helped a lot though, but now I'm noticing it's not working quite well. When this happens I have to increase the current... but I'm not sure if this occurs to everyone when iontophoresis seems not working as nice as before. Maybe it's due to my rechargeable batteries and because it's a homemade stuff. I can't believe there'll be a time I have to increase current more and more in order to see good results. The thing is, I'm stucked and almost getting in panic again because this is not working so well and I'm not sure I can afford a machine right now.

Nevertheless, I was looking for some machines on internet and the ones I found for a decent price are:

Idrostar https://goo.gl/eR0QzT (The one with batteries) Are battery-operated ionto machines actually effective?? I'm a really afraid with machines operated with AC, because where I live it's quite normal there are electricity slumps (?) I don't know how you call it. I love this Idrostar because it's portable and I think this got pulsed current also. It's up to 20mA, not sure if it's enough though.

Iontoderma https://goo.gl/UbN1YD - Again, portability and has good reviews, besides is AC operated. Only Direct Current. Cons: You can't see how many mA you're applying, only up to 24V. I don't know if knowing how many mA you're applying actually matters.

I'm open to another alternatives, like using a power laptop supply, but I can't find any that may work. Is there any danger using power laptops supplies? Although with these other alternatives I'd have to stick to aluminum pans which I wouldn't like to keep using because of aluminum.

I hope someone can help out!
sweatless is offline  
Old 11-05-2016
 

Look for aftermaket power supplies power supplies that have adjustable current.

Galvanic Stimulator pulsed current works great for me. Read my postings on it. Cost is about $140.

Sometimes ionto just doesn't work well if you have new stress introduced into your life.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 11-05-2016
 

Hey sweatless,
I had actually just purchased the iontoderma upon reading a lot of great reviews. I had previously tried ionto a couple years back using the idromed 5 pc with no results. It's probably because I didn't keep at it and just gave up after not seeing results within a week. With Iontoderma, I started off with 16 volts and now am doing 20 volts. I realized that water level and make up is VERY important. After a week of using iontoderma, I was still sweating from my hands. However, I used less water and also used baking soda and I was amazed at the results. My hands are completely dry and it's honestly such a great feeling. Sometimes even TOO dry haha. Just take it from me, I'm not trying to promote anything at all, if I were, I would probably give u some promo code BS. Anyways, it really did change my life as I only bought it about a month ago. I'm sure any other ionto device would give you the same results as long as you are consistent with treatments. Definitely changed my life for the better. The product was cheap and I know if you message them, they'll give you a discount. Did 20 volts for about 7 days with low water levels and baking soda (because my tap water is very soft) at 15 mins per polarity with great results. Let me know if you have any other questions! I've always been a lurker on this forum but I hope whoever reads this knows that HH can be cured! Ionto was def my solution.
decklover is offline  
Old 11-05-2016
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling View Post
Look for aftermaket power supplies power supplies that have adjustable current.

Galvanic Stimulator pulsed current works great for me. Read my postings on it. Cost is about $140.

Sometimes ionto just doesn't work well if you have new stress introduced into your life.
Hi Sprawling, I've seen your post before, although I don't know which online store is relaiable to buy it and how much the cost would it be with the additional accesories. I'd need that to accepts Paypal. (So far the power supply still looks like the best option to me for the budget and specially because I can find it in my country.)

Could you tell me what kind of Alligators clips do I need and where they could be found? Does it come with a manual for the use of the machine or is it easy to set up by yourself with no knowledge at all?

Thanks for your time.
sweatless is offline  
Old 11-05-2016
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by decklover View Post
Hey sweatless,
I had actually just purchased the iontoderma upon reading a lot of great reviews. I had previously tried ionto a couple years back using the idromed 5 pc with no results. It's probably because I didn't keep at it and just gave up after not seeing results within a week. With Iontoderma, I started off with 16 volts and now am doing 20 volts. I realized that water level and make up is VERY important. After a week of using iontoderma, I was still sweating from my hands. However, I used less water and also used baking soda and I was amazed at the results. My hands are completely dry and it's honestly such a great feeling. Sometimes even TOO dry haha. Just take it from me, I'm not trying to promote anything at all, if I were, I would probably give u some promo code BS. Anyways, it really did change my life as I only bought it about a month ago. I'm sure any other ionto device would give you the same results as long as you are consistent with treatments. Definitely changed my life for the better. The product was cheap and I know if you message them, they'll give you a discount. Did 20 volts for about 7 days with low water levels and baking soda (because my tap water is very soft) at 15 mins per polarity with great results. Let me know if you have any other questions! I've always been a lurker on this forum but I hope whoever reads this knows that HH can be cured! Ionto was def my solution.
Hey Decklover, I'm glad to read Iontoderma has been successful for you!

May I know how is your routine using Iontoderma and how many times you do maintenance? I use common salt and I also started noticing an improvement, but unfortunately I think my homemade experiment still being so weak. Haven't you been needed of increasing current gradually if you're not seeing results? As you say you started with 16V and now you do 20V, I mean, does it still working great with 20V so far? I personally do 18V with rechargeable batteries and now it's not working so well, also never achieved total dryness, but I think climate affects a lot. The only time I've noticed dryness completely was in Mexico, but when I came back to my city which is pretty much heated my hands broke into tears again. Sometimes I can enjoy times with dry hands but it doesn't last for so long actually. How is climate where you live in?

Thanks for let me know about your experience!
sweatless is offline  
Old 11-05-2016
 

Ionto is basically the same with any type of machine except ones that off pulsed current. Pulsed current makes your treatment way less painful.That's what I use currently. Prior I was using the RF Fischer MD-1A unit at 24 volts.

Lately my body has been more tense than usual so I'll rub some Dehydral into my hands just before treatment and seems help greatly. Patience is the key. Some people may achieve dryness in 7-10 days, for others it may take 3 months.

Alligator clips can be purchased at any electronic shop or easily online. Yes, they are very simple to install.

If you need more help, just ask.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 11-05-2016
 

For the cost of the Iontoderma it would cost way less ordering an aftermarket Variable current laptop power supply. You'll accomplish exactly the same as long as it goes up to 24 volts.

Most aftermarket power supplies will offer similar voltage as the adjustable voltage: 12V, 15V, 16V, 18V, 19V, 20V, 24V. of the Ionoderma.

Ionto machines are not super high tech machines. Some just have more bells and whistles than others. You'll be able to do what you were doing with batteries except not having to spend money on batteries.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 11-06-2016
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatless View Post
Hey Decklover, I'm glad to read Iontoderma has been successful for you!

May I know how is your routine using Iontoderma and how many times you do maintenance? I use common salt and I also started noticing an improvement, but unfortunately I think my homemade experiment still being so weak. Haven't you been needed of increasing current gradually if you're not seeing results? As you say you started with 16V and now you do 20V, I mean, does it still working great with 20V so far? I personally do 18V with rechargeable batteries and now it's not working so well, also never achieved total dryness, but I think climate affects a lot. The only time I've noticed dryness completely was in Mexico, but when I came back to my city which is pretty much heated my hands broke into tears again. Sometimes I can enjoy times with dry hands but it doesn't last for so long actually. How is climate where you live in?

Thanks for let me know about your experience!
I started off with 16 volts and I didn't notice results, but it was possibly due to me using a bit too much water and maybe not enough baking soda. Decreased water levels and then added more baking soda did the trick, while increasing voltage to 20. I just increased because I wanted it to be more effective to be honest. My maintenance treatments are once a week basically, or whenever I notice sweat coming back a little I do it immediately that day. Yeah I looked into homemade but I'm a pretty lazy person so I just bought the machine haha. I live in southern california, so it gets pretty hot. It's been hot lately and my hands have been sweat free! Definitely give baking soda a try and low water levels to just cover your palms. Let me know how it goes brotha.
decklover is offline  
Old 11-06-2016
 

The amount of water you use should have little bearing on treatment. I never found baking soda or salt to help much. Water quality is only part of the equation. I talk about this in past postings. I've had the water work great in one area. Bottled that water, brought it 7 hours away, used that water and the outcome of my treatment was completely different. There are so many unknown variables to ionto treatment.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 11-06-2016
 

Sample power supply:

https://www.amazon.com/Enjoydeal-Uni...p+power+supply

https://www.amazon.com/Tekpower-TP30...t_sims?ie=UTF8
Sprawling is offline  
Old 11-07-2016
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by decklover View Post
I started off with 16 volts and I didn't notice results, but it was possibly due to me using a bit too much water and maybe not enough baking soda. Decreased water levels and then added more baking soda did the trick, while increasing voltage to 20. I just increased because I wanted it to be more effective to be honest. My maintenance treatments are once a week basically, or whenever I notice sweat coming back a little I do it immediately that day. Yeah I looked into homemade but I'm a pretty lazy person so I just bought the machine haha. I live in southern california, so it gets pretty hot. It's been hot lately and my hands have been sweat free! Definitely give baking soda a try and low water levels to just cover your palms. Let me know how it goes brotha.
I expect 20V doesn't turn too uncomfortable, my skin is really way too sensitive. It seems with 18V don't do much and I get my hands irritated. Well, you give me hope, I'll try to get a power supply for the moment and let's see what happens.
sweatless is offline  
Old 11-07-2016
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling View Post
Ionto is basically the same with any type of machine except ones that off pulsed current. Pulsed current makes your treatment way less painful.That's what I use currently. Prior I was using the RF Fischer MD-1A unit at 24 volts.

Lately my body has been more tense than usual so I'll rub some Dehydral into my hands just before treatment and seems help greatly. Patience is the key. Some people may achieve dryness in 7-10 days, for others it may take 3 months.

Alligator clips can be purchased at any electronic shop or easily online. Yes, they are very simple to install.

If you need more help, just ask.
Hey Sprawling, I was wondering if these kind of alligator clips works well with Galvanic Stimulator. I mean, how do I connect it to the device because it seems these alligators referred to the link don't fit?

https://www.amazon.com/INTBUYING-All...lligator+clips

I have another question, is there no harm using a power supply because of the Ampers? I'm not a guru on electricity as you notice, but I've read the current allowed to treat hands shouldn't be more than 15mA, and the max output of those power supplies are 4.5A. Sure it works, but isn't it harmful with time?

Thanks a lot.
sweatless is offline  
Old 11-07-2016
 

Yes, they can work.

As far as being harmful.... I don't have the answer to that. If it helps, doesn't hurt while you are doing it and it doesn't make your muscles twitch it's probably ok. My personal preference is the Galvanic stimulator that uses pulsed current.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 11-10-2016
 

I just talked to someone who knows about electricity and told me that it might not be harmful because everything depends on your body resistance and water resistance as well, so probably I would be receiving less than 15mA. I guess this is all about trial and error, but yeah it's opened thread so if anyone knows better about this, feel free to let us know.
sweatless is offline  
Old 11-10-2016
 

The reason I mentioned the power supply is because we have had a discussion here before on the different and creative units people were using. I even converted a Drionic unit to accept regular water trays.

I find if too much current is used it will make your muscles twitch.
Sprawling is offline  
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to Iontophoresis Machine. Which one?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which iontophoresis machine should I buy? Soy Sauce Hyperhidrosis Forum 16 04-02-2016 03:34 AM



Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 AM.