5 years post ETS Surgery

clammy

Its been a while since I visited any of the HH forums and I feel I may have some useful info for fellow sufferers. I got my ETS surgery done back in 2003 and the results were mixed. HH came back in a few months but it wasn't as bad as before. In the last couple of years I've discovered that giving up hot coffee is immensely helpful. It didn't cure me completely but it has reduced my misery by at least half if not more. For coffee drinkers, I would suggest this as the very first step and wait for a month to see the results. May be this will work for you.

I'll be happy to answer any questions...

clammy

Had HH in both hand and face. T2 level. I had pretty bad compensatory sweating on my back and around ribs but it slowly went away as some of my original HH symptoms came back. I dont think I have much of CS now but I do have gustatory sweating from spicy food. It bothers me sometimes but its not too bad. Like I mentioned my face and hand HH have become a lot better now but I observed the results got a lot better after I gave up coffee (I didnt give up all caffeine drinks but probably it would help further).

Pre ETS my HH was really bad. It has gotten a lot better. However, my understanding is that ETS is a shot in the dark. The effects are very unpredictable. The doctors who are doing it don't understand the repercussions fully. I didn't understand the level of uncertainty associated with ETS when I went for it. But for those who just can't live with the current level of HH, this is an option to consider.

Besides giving up hot coffee (may be all hot drinks), breathing exercises also proved quite helpful for me. This involves slow and deep breathing several times a day.

Pinker said:
Hey, thanks for taking the time to do this.

I have a few questions;
what area did you have ETS for? (hands, face..)
what levels did you have cut?
What side effects have you had and how has the sweating changed?

Roads

I have a question. When do you do the deep breathing? Is it in a tense/anxiety inducing situation, or just any time of the day?

clammy

I do it once or twice a day. Sometimes I do it more often if I have a big meeting or presentation.

Roads said:
I have a question. When do you do the deep breathing? Is it in a tense/anxiety inducing situation, or just any time of the day?