advert/robinul

hinder87

im thinking about buying one of these (heard theyre basically the same). how well do these work when taken orally or disolved in ionto trays? do i have to take them 1 week in advance orally for it to start working or do they start working immediately? thanks for any feedback.

margiehope

Avert/Robinul

Hi!

These 2 are the same medication--Avert in Canada, Robinul in US.

I've used Avert for close to a year--there's no need to let it build up for a week. You are supposed to take it one hour before, or two hours after, a meal--just helps it absorb better.

This med has changed my life!

hinder87

hi margie, can i get avert in the US? i dont feel like getting a prescrip. from a doctor for robinul.

margiehope

Avert

Hi!

You can order Avert online from pharmacy.ca

They are also quite helpful, will answer any questions you have, etc.

spawn

did you guys have any side effects? cause the doctors wont give me meds cause they say theres too many side effects for it to be effective. and then they tell me get botox its only 600 dollars for hands every six months. 8O i get the feeling they might just want the money

margiehope

Avert/Robinul

Spawn:

You asked about side effects with oral meds. It makes me crazy to read about the supposed effects--my own derm discouraged me from taking Avert because of dry mouth. Fortunately I can get Avert OTC (well, only one counter, pharmacy.ca).

It does produce a bit of dry mouth, depending on the dose I take--but that can be helped easily and is a small price to pay for the relief I get. And it's the only side effect I get.

I honestly think the truth is that doctors make no money from this--unlike the botox, tray treatments, etc.

Everyone's different, some might suffer from the meds--I don't!

baller86

side effects

I've been on the medication ordering as well from Canada and I've been trying to find a doctor that will prescribe it to me. I'm basically going to have to flat out give the doctor an ultimatum to give me a prescription or I'll stop seeing them because all the ones I have seen are "afraid of the side effects". There is one side effect that's been a bit bothersome. The skin on my hands and knuckles gets extremely dry and starts to peel, so I have to moisturize a lot to keep it from cracking and bleeding, but it's way better than being a sweaty and smelly mess.

lexie

Hi Margie,
I am trying the Avert 2mg but am unsure what quantity to take. What quantity do you take and how often do you take them.
Thanks.

sadday

I have used avert and it works great. The only side effect I had was dry eyes and dry throat. I only use it on special occassions but for me 2mg in the morning keeps me dry all day.

It is recommended to start at the lowest dose possible. Start off with just 1mg or 2mg in the morning and see how it works through the day. If it is not enough then add another 1mg or 2mg. Slowly increase the dosage each day until you get optimal results.

Avert/Robinul

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that i ordered Avert from the online pharmacy in canada and am SO excited. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but i desperately need some help with my hyperhidrosis.

I'm glad to hear everyone has had a great experience with Avert/Robinul. Is the average dose around 2mg? or 1? I'll probably need 2 because i sweat A LOT

hinder87

billy, im thinking about ordering some avert too. i hope it works for u. when u do get it, can u post ur experience here?

margiehope

avert/robinul

Hi Lexie!

If you got Avert from pharmacy.ca, they probably suggested a dosage?

I have the 2 mg. capsules--take 2 if it's a cool or not too busy day, 3 if the opposite. The pharmacist told me "no more than 8 mg/day in divided doses".

You'll find what works best for you--just try to take it a while before or a while after eating.

I'm hoping you have the same success I do!

-Margiehope

hinder87 said:
billy, im thinking about ordering some avert too. i hope it works for u. when u do get it, can u post ur experience here?

Yes! i will definitely. I feel it's important to bond as a community so we can learn what works/ what doesn't.

I have been trying Robinul 1.5 milligrams for several days now... with no averse side effects, but no positive effects either, haha. I uped my dose to 3 mg and still no effects- positive or negative. Some people take 8mg a day. I will keep increasing it until the effects take place.

margiehope

Avert/Robinul

Hi g35.

All I know is my own experience--didn't seem to build up a tolerance, the same dose works well except in extreme heat/humidity.

I was off Avert for several months--not because of any problem with it, but surgery, cold weather, etc. meant I wasn't active enough to need it.

Billy, I hope you'll find a dose that works for you, though it works for some and not others, I guess. Very frustrating!

Best,

Margiehope