Afraid to make friends

Anonymous

I suffer from social phobia and I am afraid to talk to people. I have a hard time starting a conversation because I can't think of anything to say. I used to drink and that would give me courage to talk. But now that I have moved to a new area and I don't drink or do drugs I don't have any friends and its hard for me to make any. I think that part of it is fear of rejection. I also find myself looking for reasons to dislike people. I guess it is so they I can reject them before they reject me. I know that this is wrong and all it does it causes me to feel shameful that I am not the person I want to be. I will go out of my way to avoid being around people. I feel so much more comfortable by myself. Any suggestions on how I can become more social? Is there anyone who feels the same way?

richkid

Please read!!!! You have been tagged by the green dog.

Just everyone in the world feels exactly the same as you, like many peope on these forums will agree its not easy and people deal with it in different ways.

Somebody sent this, i would say to me but not true, it was sent to my brother. but i like what the message says please Read Each One Carefully and Think About It a Second or Two.

1. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.

2. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

3. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

4. A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your
heart.

5. The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them
knowing you can't have them.

6. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is
falling in love with your smile.

7. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

8. Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their
time on you.

9. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

10. Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

11. There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

12. Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and
know someone else and expect them to know you.

13. Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.

REMEMBER: WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

True friends: How many people actually have 8 true friends?

Hardly anyone I know ! But some of us have all right friends and good
friends!!!

You have been Tagged by the Green Dog!

,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

ruff!!!!!!
Keep reaching for the sky keep the dream alive follow your heart out of the dark.