Age groups

Scottish_Player

Today i was thinking as i usualy do,and i was thinking about who i feel comfortable with and can talk too,in my work looking back on it now i always get on better with the people older than me,iam 23 and i dont realy talk to people that are my age i feel more comfortable talking with people over 40 for some reason,maybes its because i know they probably wont talk about gf stuff and clubbing so then i have no real fear of that coming into a conversation.

I also have to go to tenants houses to do jobs and when i go to an elederly persons house like i did today i can talk away for ages with them and i feel normal and totaly comfortable and for some reason i dont get all the thoughts like are they judging me and are the looking at my hair and clothes but then i go to a young persons house and i cant talk or make much of a conversation and when i do try to talk and act calm thats when my words all come out mumble.Its not just at work its in most of my life like at the shops and stuff.

Theres no real point to this post,i just kinda noticed it today and thought i would post it here :)

Angie_05

That's so interesting because I noticed I do the same thing. I don't know why. A guess would be maybe because we feared our peer groups growing up in school and we just can't seem to get rid of that scared feeling we used to have of them. Maybe everyone that's our age seems like a peer at school, and SA's usually have bad experiences with school. I dunno. I could be wrong.

BrownEyes

re:

Older people rock. I defintely cannot talk with people my own age, at least not as comfortably as I can with adults. Its strange but if I had to do a presentation in front of adults I dont think I would get so stressed out...

Fighter86

I agree....

Yeah, I share the same sentiments as you people- older folks can be less judgemental...& I agree with Angie_05 about SA sufferers as having trouble with their peers. I sure did :roll:

Meatwad

When I was a teenager, I didnt really care for teenagers..I was intimidated, felt I was just so different than them, etc. I still dont care for teenagers and am still inimidated by people my age a lot of the time.

Angie_05

moog said:
When I was a teenager, I didnt really care for teenagers..I was intimidated, felt I was just so different than them, etc. I still dont care for teenagers and am still inimidated by people my age a lot of the time.

I don't really feel comfortable around teenagers either. Reminds me too much of when I was in high school. It's not like I didn't have friends or that I was bullied, but I felt so alone and different.

Yeah, I find that true as well. I do have friends that are my age as well as younger than me, but the majority of my friends are older than I am. Although all of my friends I happen to write to, so my situation is quite different from yours. I do not really interact with any one in person any more, and if I do it is only with the people in my class at school or with the teachers. Otherwise I basically stay distant and away from every one else.

nerdgirl178

I am also 23 years old. I like to talk to people who are way older than me, they are wiser, mature and understanding than people my age. People my own age group talk of stupid things like clothes, makeup, clubbing. I mean its okay once in a while but its annoying.

Yossarian

I tend to find it easier around different age groups too. Actually the more different someone is to me the easier or at least less scary. For me I feel their judgements (talking potential negative ones here) carry less weight. I'm not sure why. Well I kind of do but I can't put it into words. Or can't be arsed anyway.

Yossarian

Shit, I don't want to be an adult.....you can't make me! It's my ball and I'm not playing anymore! *hands on hips* :p