Agoraphobia and new here

maria

Hello, Im new to this forum, and I have had agoraphobia most of my life. Im 24 years old and live in the U.S. I havent talked to to many people that have this and that can be very lonely. I guess Im scared to leave because of all the what ifs that run through my head. When I try to leave it makes me feel like I cant breath,and so many more symptoms. I dont want to wake up twenty years from now and be in the same place. I feel Im missing out on so much, and would love to meet someone, or talk to someone who may understand what I am going through. Any and all replys are welcome,and I hope I can get some good results.... thank everyone who replys and hope to here from all ofyou. MARIA

Hey there, I'm 18 and I have / had agoraphobia, I didn't leave the house for two years, but I'm loads better now, I have a job and I'm in college, so if ya need someone to chat to about it all, I know how you feel.
It's good that ya found us, it's nice to know you're not alone.

Welcome :D

Naomi x

maria

crazyfairyx said:
Hey there, I'm 18 and I have / had agoraphobia, I didn't leave the house for two years, but I'm loads better now, I have a job and I'm in college, so if ya need someone to chat to about it all, I know how you feel.
It's good that ya found us, it's nice to know you're not alone.

Welcome :D

Naomi x
Thank you for replying, sometimes it feels like Im all by myself with this and there isnt anyone to talk to. That is until I found how much things a com. can really do. I never realized that so many people had the same thing as I do. It gives me comphort to know I am not alone, but sad cause this isnt something I could wish on anyone. Do you have any suggestions on how to work on getting beter? Maria

sheree

My mum has had agoraphobia for 6 years and is only now getting treatment for it so please go see your doctor or whoever because it wont go away by itself .

maria

sheree said:
My mum has had agoraphobia for 6 years and is only now getting treatment for it so please go see your doctor or whoever because it wont go away by itself .
I have seen several doctors, and all they try to give me is meds. I know that they may help but that is also one of my fears to. I can go about ten minutes away from the house but only if it is with someone I really trust. How ols is your mom. What do you suffer from. I try really hard to think positve, that I will get beter but its been so long sence I have went far I forgot how it would feel. Thank you for replying and any suggestions would be great. maria

Boundless

Yea i also suffer from agoraphobia and leaving the house is hard for me,i have to fight against my own mind just to get out there door doesnt allways work.And i do feel as if life is flashing past and im standing still missing it all :(

Allways up for a chat [email protected] nice to meet other people in same situation as me.