Akward situation, please help!

sissydaredevil

Ok, so I was at my freinds house and we were watching t v and stuff and having fun, And then her dad came home, and they had a fight,a really long horrible fight. it was one of the worst fights they have ever had when I was there, I mean it was bad, it was literally scary, I was even worried that some was going to get hurt!(thankfully, no one was) i couldent just go home since we were out in the country, anyway finally her mom decided to take me home,and now I dont know how im supposed to talk to my friend. Should I talk to her at all? Should I just pretend nothing happend? or should I ask her about it? anyway like I said, akward....

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

Some families fight ALOT.
I'm a person who dislikes confrontation of any kind-- coming from a family who don't yell and scream at eachother ever; but I've had friends in the past who would literally fistfight with their siblings/parents while I was standing there- unsure of what to do.

It's best to just not mention it unless she talks about it.
It shouldn't really be a big deal... families fight; it's their business, not yours.
They'll work it out.
Just be an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on if she needs it.

sissydaredevil

Some families fight ALOT.
I'm a person who dislikes confrontation of any kind-- coming from a family who don't yell and scream at eachother ever; but I've had friends in the past who would literally fistfight with their siblings/parents while I was standing there- unsure of what to do.

It's best to just not mention it unless she talks about it.
It shouldn't really be a big deal... families fight; it's their business, not yours.
They'll work it out.
Just be an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on if she needs it.

thank you, im glad im not the only one who ever been in this kind of situation.^_^

MrJones

Ugh I've been there.

Years ago, there was a guy who had one of those fighting type of family. I remember being specially scary the last time I went there. I was not alone, another guy came to his house with me and then, for some reason that it's still unknown to me, they started arguing and then everyone was yelling at each other, his sister crying, things flying all over the place (I almost had to do the matrix to dodge a football) and I was with the other guy sitting in the sofa wondering what should we do o.0

"Do we say we have something to do and leave? Do we try to make them stop peacefully?" We did nothing in the end, they stopped and continued with their lives as nothing happened. I guess it's what Weirdy said, some families are like that, there's not much we can do there.

Edit: I'm not saying that you should do what I did, just sharing my experience :p

Last edited:
D

deleted #89

I dont see why you would avoid this "elephant" in the room. For me it would be awkward not to talk about it......I mean your friend would probably want some feedback/support no? Just ask her if everything is ok. Dont be scared to AVOID these situations...this is life.

twiggle

I agree with MR. Wonderful.

This sounds an incredibly awkward situation, for both of you - but I'll bet she is feeling even more embarrassed about it than you are. She's probably wondering the exact same thing - should she talk about it or not?

Is this the first sign you have seen of your friend having this kind of relationship with her father? If so then I'd avoid being too blunt with your questions because it may have been a one-off that doesn't need too much focus on it, but definitely say something about it, just a simple, "are you alright? I was worried". And given that her mum had to drive you home, she would understand that you may have been worried.

If you don't mention it at all, then as Mr Wonderful points out it would be like having an elephant in the room. It would feel like you should mention it, with her feeling the same, and it would just get even more awkward.