Alternative Treatment - Ayurveda

striker

I have mild form of Hyperhidrosis. I was researching about this. This is what I found in Ayurveda (East Indian Natural medicine)

To explain in simple terms. Excessive sweating happens when there is too much Heat in the body. The sweating is generated to regulate the body temperature. Now the Excessive Sweating can be controlled by changing the diet. The heat element in the body is called Pitta. So excess Pitta in the body means excess heat

- Ghee (Clarified Butter) is cooling to the body. Can be used like butter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarified_butter

- Sweet juicy fruits, especially pears, can cool a fiery Pitta quickly. Milk, sweet rice pudding, coconut and coconut juice, and milkshakes made with ripe mangoes and almonds or dates are examples of soothing Pitta-pacifying foods.

- The three ayurvedic tastes that help balance Pitta are sweet, bitter and astringent

- Eat less of the salty, pungent and sour tastes.

- Add Blanched Almonds

- Dry cereal, crackers, granola and cereal bars, and rice cakes balance the liquid nature of Pitta dosha, and can be eaten any time hunger pangs strike during the day.

- Drink a glass of buttermilk with water added to it after meals.

- Oats are good to reduce heat in the body.

spawn

im east indian and have eat/ drank these things. almonds actually are termogenic, caus eat in the body they dont cool you down. buttermilk and all this stuff, well its not really for us as to be used as treatment. i say this because its like your feeling hot and your sweating and u drink something cold, it;ll cool u down for only a lik bit but will not treat the sweating. there are other medicines i have used for some things which work well and i like this eat indian herbal medicine, but HH is just something hey have a solid treatment for. unfortunate really, this condition is so unknown and yet it effects the ones that have it in every aspect of their lives a great deal.

striker

- I disagree with whatever you wrote

- I am referring to "Blanched" almonds & not 'almonds'

- when I refer to Heat, its not heat that you feel. Its the state of your body. Its called dosha in Ayurveda. For the sake of simplicity I called it Heat.

- These are changes to be made in your diet over a period of time.

- From my own experience, buttermilk has worked for me in reducing Pitta. I used to have pretty bad acid reflux and sweating. Those these reduced a lot after I began to control my diet and eat less spicy & followed these guidelines

- If you are looking for a quick fire solution use what ever works. But remember you are only suppressing it. the root cause will still be there and present itself in other ways.

wethandsandfeet

striker, I appreciate you putting up this piece of information...but here is my own experience.

I am Indian myself, now living in the US. The last time I was in India, 3-4 months, I tried several different kinds of Ayurvedic & Unani (Greco-Islamic system which is similar to Ayurveda) medicines. I also went to several Ayurvedic & Unani doctors. They correctly diagnosed it as a "weakness in the nerves" but none of the medicines work. I posted a note with my experience some time back on this forum.

In general, however, me & my family have used Ayurvedic & Unani medicies with great success because as you point out they cure the "root cause" & dont just suppress symptoms. Being such ancient systems, if there is a natural cure in this world for HH then Ayurvedic & Unani systems would have had it...this was the experience which made me believe that HH does not have a natural cure.

striker said:
- I disagree with whatever you wrote

- I am referring to "Blanched" almonds & not 'almonds'

- when I refer to Heat, its not heat that you feel. Its the state of your body. Its called dosha in Ayurveda. For the sake of simplicity I called it Heat.

- These are changes to be made in your diet over a period of time.

- From my own experience, buttermilk has worked for me in reducing Pitta. I used to have pretty bad acid reflux and sweating. Those these reduced a lot after I began to control my diet and eat less spicy & followed these guidelines

- If you are looking for a quick fire solution use what ever works. But remember you are only suppressing it. the root cause will still be there and present itself in other ways.