Aluminum Free Treatment - Maxim Plus

ajohnson

Has anyone used this new product called Maxim Plus, http://www.coradhealthcare.com/Maxim-Plus.htm?

It is aluminum-free and uses water-soluble bonds to eliminate sweating. Studies have shown it is just as effective as aluminum-based treatments.

Also, I'm suffering from facial sweating and would really prefer to stay away from aluminum based antiperspirants. Anyone know if glycopyrrolate, the ingredient to Secure Wipes has any adverse side effects?

MMCFLY

ajohnson said:
Has anyone used this new product called Maxim Plus, http://www.coradhealthcare.com/Maxim-Plus.htm?

It is aluminum-free and uses water-soluble bonds to eliminate sweating. Studies have shown it is just as effective as aluminum-based treatments.

Also, I'm suffering from facial sweating and would really prefer to stay away from aluminum based antiperspirants. Anyone know if glycopyrrolate, the ingredient to Secure Wipes has any adverse side effects?

What is your reason for staying away from Alum based products?

ajohnson

Studies I've read...(note not articles but studies). and while its not 100% conclusive, i'de rather use an alternative if i had a choice.

-ian-

ajohnson said:

So this is just an over-the-counter type thing?

I haven't used an antiperspirant for years on my hands and feet, but when i did, it didn't do much, plus the application of it at night, wrapped with saran wrap and covered with gloves wasn't fun either...

But since the recurrence of my sweating after having the surgery, the sweating isn't as bad... close... but not as bad... I've had days of dryness... IF I CONCENTRATE REALLY HARD... LOL!!!

Anyway... this stuff is expensive... $65/tube? I guess it's like prescription though...

Can this stuff be found in stores?

MMCFLY

This product mustve just came on the market. I checked their website only a 2 weeks ago and it wasnt there. Well very interesting and i agree with u, if we can get away from using a chemical like Alum then thats great. Anyone gonna give it a go, i.e. any guinea pigs :D

I would have gone for it but i got two more products on the way plus face saver which im using. I can report that the face saver is working well and now im applying once a day (onl;y third day of use) and still stays on even after a face wash. Next week im cutting to alternate days.

margiehope

ajohnson said:

The most common side effect of glycopyrrolate is dry mouth, though that's more likely with the ingested version. I used the wipes for a while, and they worked fine on my face, but I also had a really sweaty scalp. So I've been taking oral glyco for about 18 months with no ill effects.

To go back more directly to your question, few people seem to have problems with the wipes. There are Maxim wipes too, I believe, but haven't heard anyone's experience of them.

MMCFLY

The most common side effect of glycopyrrolate is dry mouth, though that's more likely with the ingested version. I used the wipes for a while, and they worked fine on my face, but I also had a really sweaty scalp. So I've been taking oral glyco for about 18 months with no ill effects.

To go back more directly to your question, few people seem to have problems with the wipes. There are Maxim wipes too, I believe, but haven't heard anyone's experience of them.

Did the oral glyco work instantly? Im thinkin about getting some just to use for days such as wedding parties and such. got my engagement, my bro wedding and my own wedding coming and wanna be ready. my problem is forehead (which i can deal with using facesaver or Odaban) but it is the scalp that is annoying mr so much!!

margiehope

The oral meds worked right away--but it takes a while to find the right dosage for yourself, and even that can change (weather, etc.) I'd maybe try it a bit before your big events, to find out what works best for you.

I use the least I can get away with (which is sometimes none, sometimes up to 6 mg.), but am really glad to have it on hand.

g35

are oral meds safe in the long run? what are the side effects? i'm planning to take them when i go to job interviews

margiehope

There are different oral meds, but I think the glyco is "safe"--though I've heard some say it stops working for them eventually.