Am I The Only One Like THis???

lac operon

Hello People, I am a med school Student at the University of Alberta. Through out the year, so many bad things happened to me, they are just unimaginable. I got the Tourette's Syndrome when I was in Grade 7, I got made fun by almost everyone. I felt sad and depressed, so I start eat and eat and eat, I have gained over 100lbs in 8 years. In High school I had no friends, although people talked to me, but they just wanted to use me to help them in school. I thought Life would get better In University, but my dream shattered. All the stresses and loneliness led to my newly developed anxiety and depression. now I feel stress at all time high, I cry for hours after studying, I tried to act I am fine in front of my Prof and Classmate, but I would stab my self with a pen during lectures. I am Fat, I have Tourette's Syndrome, I have Anxiety, I am Ugly, I am Depressed, I have no friends, in fact I never even had a Girl friend. I tried to commit suicide last week and told my only friend about it before i wrote my Suicide notes, MY friend then called the police and stopped me. Now I feel very mad and depressed, I felt like I wanted to talk to someone, but the stupid counseling office is too busy , I cant even get a appointment. I feel like I am the definition of feeling like shit. I also feel that people around me are fake all the time, i feel that they are talking trash about me. A jerk in my class told me that No one would hire me as a doctor even when I graduate because i have Tourette's Syndrome. I never told anyone How I felt, I try to hide all my emotions from family and the public. Now when ever I see Happy people, I get more and more depressed. I have only 1 friend, and recently he is being a bitch telling me how I shouldn't eat thing such as doughnuts and drink coffees, I feel like I am all on my own and no one cares about me. I am lost in myself, what should I do?

it's seems like u r a very smart person... and he is a jurk, probably jelous cuz u r smarter than him... and having Tourettes makes u special, not in the way of ouu "he's special" but it makes u smart and creative... for sure... u have ur own way of thinking... I can't imagine how difficult that is, I once thought I had it... if u ever wanna chat my msn is [email protected]

reslo

There's a lot of people with issues out there- because you know what it's like to have tourettes, depression, anxiety, and food issues- you can be the one that can empathize with people. Obviously, despite it all, you've found yourself in medical school! That's not a small feat! You feel like you've struggled a lot, but you've still managed to get to a place that most people don't get to. At least you're able to go to your classes, you've reached out for help (which isn't easy! you have more strength inside you than you know.)

you can't help the fact that you have tourettes- meetup.com is one place to look for support groups

and what should you do? maybe start by giving yourself a break- it's ok to be imperfect, flawed, and human, and you don't really need to make everyone else in the world happy, if they have issues with you, that is their problem.

and your friend does care about you (even though they tell things you already know)!

FOR REAL

Banned
people are always going to make other people feel bad, so that it makes them feel better about themselves (im sure youve heard all that before)

i watched a documentary recently about Tourette's, where a group of people with the illness all got together at a summercamp or something, some of it was quite funny, cause they all laughed amoungst each other when someone had a "tick" and didnt realise what they had just said.

i agree with chained, any illness like Tourette's makes you special, and if others say differently well, you can just tell them to "**** OFF" and pretend it was a tick :)

releaseme

its hard having positive thoughts when you're being judged by those around you.
i am a suicide survivor myself, i think i know enough to know how you're feeling.
it takes a tremendous amount of emotional pain to actually go there...for real.
and i dont like talking about this...at all. it brings back too many memories.
but i wanted to tell you that so you know, i know where your heads at.

i have some advice to help you get through these depressing days.
its going to be very hard for you to do...but i think you will see a light on the other side, that you dont see right now.
and there is a reason you are still here today.
go do some volunteer work...anywhere. a homeless shelter. a nursing home. the red cross. an animal shelter.
if you do this, your days will get better, emotionally. trust me on that.

if you have anything you'd like to talk about...dont hesitate to PM me.

Darker Than Black

it's seems like u r a very smart person... and he is a jurk, probably jelous cuz u r smarter than him... and having Tourettes makes u special, not in the way of ouu "he's special" but it makes u smart and creative... for sure... u have ur own way of thinking... I can't imagine how difficult that is, I once thought I had it... if u ever wanna chat my msn is [email protected]

we're not even in the same program together LOL