Anxiety and Hyperhidrosis

jay77

Do most people that suffer from hyperhidrosis also have anxitey? I have had bad anxiety ever since I was very young, but I do not think it was due to my hyperhidrosis. Do you think that most people that have hyperhidrosis also have anxiety because of an overactive nervous system? (I know that other factors are involved in hyperhidrosis not just an overactive nervous system). Is there anyone with hyperhidrosis that is very outgoing and does not have a lot of problems with anxiety? I have always been a shy, anxious person even during times that I have been able to control my hyperhidrosis. And has anyone found any good ways to control anxiety?

medlam

I was pretty outgoing and popular (not like prom king) but invited to things,had a variation of friends across different social aspects but HH certinaly makes that stuff hard, last few years I've lost a lot of so called friends and have totally fallen out of the loop.

I think I too had anxiety issues but when I was younger 14-19 I was involved a lot with people and things, so you don't really think about it, but once I was aware of my HH, yeah I feel I have major anxiety and this and I'd day 75% of this is due to HH the other 25 % I feel is normal, people I know with good relationships, hot girlfriends and fairly successful careers still have some anxiety just HH hightens it.

The old viscous circle that you feel your going to sweat or you start to sweat causes more sweating is a result of anxiety or panic attack but if you didn't have that fear to start with would you have the anxiety???

uksam

I was always a bit quiet/shy when I was younger. Now when I notice I am anxious, its usually mostly about sweating, and as sweating starts, anxiety increases, etc. just as medlam says.

anxietyalways

They're so intertwined it's hard to tell if they were ever separate. I always feel very physically anxious. The HH is obviously is huge part of it, and I feel like I have issues with breathing, rapid heart rate, then general panicky feelings. When HH kicks in to full gear I feel the most anxious an uncomfortable and like I want to crawl out of my skin. I'm a bit of an introvert and always have been. I do wonder if I never had HH if the anxiety would be less. I've been prescribed klonopin for anxiety in the past and it has the nice side effect of calming the HH as well but it is not a good long term solution for either condition being addictive and kind of a band aid treatment option.