Anxiety, Robinul/Avert and HH

sean_turner74

Hi guys,

I'm a new member here, but I suffered from HH since I was about 16. I am 27 now.

For me, I sweat mostly from my face/scalp but also underarms and chest/back when things get really bad. I have the problem mostly in social situations. I don't know if I just have social anxiety, or if my HH causes me to feel social anxiety, but I do know that I have both conditions and they are linked somehow. Also, I have it really bad in the summer time and in warm weather (although I can be dripping with sweat in winter too).

The point of my thread is I'm wondering if those of you who anxiety-based HH have tried Robinul/Avert/glycopyrrolate with good results?

I've done some searching before posting this thread (hopefully to avoid upsetting anyone by a repetitive thread) but have not found the info I need to see if this medication is good for anxiety-based HH.

Any help/experiences? Thanks!!

Last edited:

Soy Sauce

I'm almost positive glycopyrrolate will work for you and anyone looking to stop perspiration of any kind. If you've done your research I'm sure you're aware of the side effects and are willing to accept them. Good luck.

Gaucho

hi, i also have hyperhydrosis since I'm 15 or so, it really sucks. I have it really bad on my hands, under arms and feet. even in the winter i sweat.
I used Ach30 forte, and it worked pretty good, BUT my skin was too sensitive and it was itching veeery much so I had to stop using it, and started using the weaker dosis called ACH20, what improves the situation a little bit, but somehow lately it doesn't work well.

You should give ACH30 a try it costs only 19$ or so, and if it works its really worth it.

margiehope

I also have cranio-facial HH. I think HH can certainly be aggravated by anxiety, but it's not just that. Also hot weather CAN make it worse.

I've had great results with Avert, and don't have severe side effects.

By the way, thanks for checking the earlier threads first. Most newbies don't--they may not get to the bottom of the page to find them, or... We long-timers can get tired of people asking the same old questions, though I try to remember the questions are new to them.

sean_turner74

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I ordered a trial pack of Avert from pharmacy.ca (I live in Canada), and it should be delivered by Thursday. I got 1mg (30 capsules) to start out with, which the pharmacist recommended. Since I usually have low tolerance to medication it's best to start off lower then work my way up if necessary.

In the meantime I continue to use Drysol, which I've been using for about 7 years now, but I notice that it's not as effective as it used to be... That's why I want to try something different like Avert.

I'll be sure to report my results with Avert once I try it.