ANY OF YOU EVER REJECTED SOMEBODY?

Anonymous

DID ANY OF YOU SOCIALPHOBICS EVER REJECTED SOMEBODY IN YOUR LIFE? I DID WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, BECAUSE I WASNT ATTRACTED TO HER PHYSICALLY. DID I DO A MISTAKE?

tommydog

what you mean like dating wise or in general ? yes heaps to both question.

i actually did kinda regret knocking back one particular girl .. but other than that .. nah its all sweet :lol:

Anonymous

some guys need their faces knocking in so they dont have so much choice between girls
*smiles sweetly at tommy*

Crimefish

Uh, yeah, I rejected a few guys... because they were immature controlling jerks. I don't regret it.

Anonymous

adhdguy, i definately dont think u made a mistake, u need 2 b attracted 2 her, otherwise u will b missing out n it also wouldnt b fair 4 her. there will b soo many girls u will b attracted 2, but then there is the scary part of talkin 2 her! hehe

Remus

Staff member
yes, I've dated a few people, even though I fancied them ,the 'love' element just wasnt there enough, so unfortunately I had to break some hearts :(

which I feel guilty about, mind you, I've been on the recieving end of it myself so I know how bad it hurt them :(

but you cant make yourself be inlove with someone

Chilling__Echo

it sucks when you want that person but cercomstances won't allow it. i've been torn between two people before and that sucked so bad. in that case it hurt alot but it's all good now.

Anonymous

I practice the art of pre-emptive breakup. Any guy who tells me he loves me in the first week or two (way too early), does something scary or threatens my independence gets "The Speech". I have only regretted it once. After sex he was like "we need to talk about what just happened and what you think it means" blah blah. I figured this was going to be the distancing post-sex speech so I told him I didn't think it meant anything and that I didn't believe it would happen again. Years later I was talking to his old roomate at the Pub and he was asking why I treated his buddy so bad when he was sooo hooked on me. Guess it was going to be the let's get serious speech. Can't change the past, Just trying to make the future better!

Anonymous

I used to get pestered by Nicole Kidman. She'd be following me around town, to the shops, to the bank, wherever I went.....phoning me up at home, constantly nagging me to go out with her. I just wasn't interested and had to tell her so.

Boy, do I regret it now that she's made the big time as manager of the local Burger King.

Anonymous

Yes once Pamela Anderson asked me out, but i told her i dont like fake tits. So i put my hand on her face and shoved it.

Nightshade

I have rejected people without knowing I was doing it. Sometimes it was years later I realised that a man had said or done something that indicated he was interested in me. In some cases I didn't realise what was going on and so just didn't do whatever I was supposed to do, in others I had some idea, but started to feel fearful and just had to escape.

All The Time said:
I practice the art of pre-emptive breakup.

Yes, I can just about identify with that. I practice a pre-emptive "go away and leave me alone" manner when interacting with men socially. No need to break up or reject someone outright when your expression and body language say "f*** off, I wish you were dead".

Honestly it really works! I'm 33 and have had only a couple of dates in my entire life, and I'm a virgin. (If there was an emoticon for "banging head against wall" I'd use it here.)

Of course I don't really want this. I'm working on it. And it WILL get better (I am nothing if not determined).

Anonymous

Actually i was too nice of a guy in high school/ college. And often i sent the wrong message to some girls. And later I would become afraid that they would ask me out. Did this ever happen to you??