anyone else do this

outis

hi, about 3 years ago i was going to collage, i was forceing myself to go and sit in classes with the other students day after day untill i (for want of a better term) had a "nevous breakdown". i was just wondering if something like this had happened to anyone else here. has anyone else here pushed themselves past there breaking point?

i know its most likely not copasetic to make a thread and log off right away but posting on a message board is almost as bad for me as making phone calls. normally when i'm stressed out i sleep alot. like from 7th grade till the end of my freshmen year in high school i would come home and fall asleep till it was time to go back to school. or when i dropped out of high school. i didn't really drop out as much as "sleep out" when your sleeping 23 hour days it doesn't leave time to go to school. well anyway i've already posted 3 times since i joined this morning. not sure how either 3 is more then i normally post in any message board from the time i join till i quite lol. and right now my minds had too much and wants to shut down. so sorry for making a post and running but i feel too worn out right now to do anything else.

shep

If I went to college, I'm sure I would have had a similar experience as you had. After a month or so of college, I realized that I could not do this and dropped out and that was long before I knew what the h#@* was wrong with me. If I had known, and if drugs were available then as they are now, I probably would have taken something to help me continue with my education. However, I'm now glad that I somehow managed without them and in my opinion, if a college education is only achievable with drug use, it's not worth it to me as long as I can manage to get along in my daily life without them. Anyway, I hope that you are doing much better now.

GettingThere

If you are sleeping that much you have a problem other than S P.

It sounds to me like you may be suffering from clinical depression in which case you would benefit from taking a course of antidepressants.
One way or another, if you are sleeping that much than you should definitely seek medical attention.

Shadow

Much the same thing happened to me. I went to university 6 years ago and I just couldn't cope with it so I dropped out. I guess I had a nervous breakdown, but it was more gradual, rather than something that just happened one day. As with shep that was long before I knew what was going on with me. Things got really bad after that but I'm getting better now.

I used to sleep alot too but it became so disrupted that I was waking constantly and laying in bed for long periods. I had to get up and just do something to get away from my thoughts, otherwise I would have gone insane. I sleep better now but it's still pretty bad. It's gradually improving though.

Anonymous

Wish I could sleep for 23 hours :) . I can only seem to sleep for about 4 hours at a time before my brain decides to wake up and start ticking. I spend my entire life knackered and in need of sleep, but am unable to stay asleep long enough to feel properly refreshed.

outis

Well, looks like i didn't log off soon enough, i tried to reply, but now I'm bumping a 4 month old post because i was too nervous to say anything :oops: . I'm feeling better now and giving this another shot. hopefully i'll be posting again before august :oops:

You guys are right about the sleeping, being more then the sa, i did have depression but not clinical depression.

all the shaking i was doing would make anyone tired, not to mention mental exhaustion, and depression were causing me to be tired from 7th till 9th grade. but at that time i think it was more the sa making me tired then the depression.
My depression was never clinical. i went to a psychologist about it when i was 16 and had been treated for it. it's just two bad i didn't find out i had sa for 5 years after that.

I realized a couple days ago that the time in my life i was sleeping 23 hour days was most likely another nervous breakdown. meaning I've had two of them and not one. I've been reading a little on nervous breakdowns, and this first "breakdown" i had at 17 would be called a major depressive episode.