Anyone else feel like this...

Most days I'm fine and can deal with the fact that my life is very different to a lot of people's but sometimes I have a day when it's like it's just too much and I dwell on how it could be if things were different, feel like I failed somehow because while I'm sitting here hiding the rest of the world are working, having children, going to parties...things I can't do.

When this happens all the worse aspects of agoraphobia become my focus, especially my main worry which is having no-one to care for me and being sent to a hospital, I know thats maybe stupid but it's my biggest fear.

lyricalliaisons

Wow. That's almost exactly how it is with me.... I've accepted that my life is totally different from other people's, & most of the time just take that as the way it is & am pretty much for the most part. But other times, I just start feeling horrible & down on myself about things. I worry that I'll be alone forever.. never meet anyone, never have a family, never have love. I just worry that I'll end up old, alone, & forgotten. Among other things.

lyricalliaisons said:
I just worry that I'll end up old, alone, & forgotten. Among other things.

Thats another of my biggest fears, being alone forever....left in some hospital because I can't look after myself.

I had a husband who was my primary carer but it was too much for him and after five years he filed for a divorce, that was a low point, I still remember sitting there with my bottle of serapax, if my dog hadnt come up and kissed me I don't know if I'd be here now, woke me up in a way.

I think these down days happen when I dwell on it but I cant stop it when it happens and I feel useless and worry things will never get better.

girl

TAMPA-BAY

agro

Dying alone yes we all have this exact same worry. The fear that we will live a life of isolation. Nothing eats me up more than those comments " you dont want to be like him/her" refering to me of course. Most people around me have simply counted me out based on the only fact that i dont socialize as much as what society thinks i should. As if thats what determins our success in life. I guess in a way it does cause the ones with lesser abality who shows up at the golf games with the bosses and events like that are the one who get the promotions.

I refuse to let their oponions and sarcastic comments hold me back. Now that i am on site like these i will alwayse know that i have supportive people to help me thru the wilderness.

Liz17

Wow I feel like Ive written that myself, I can defiantely relate! Its sad at times, those thoughts tend to make this a hell of alot worse for me so I try to ignore those issues at present. But reality does tend to hit me every month or so and I have a very low day when I moan basically. Im scared Ill never have what 'normal' people have but at the minute I cant do anything about that.

LonelyGuy48

I have a fear of going into hospital too. It scares me silly - and I don't mean just because of the agoraphobia.
If I broke a leg or something (touching wood big time!) the fact I'd be in hospital scares me far more than the thought of the actual injury!

I live on my own, with just my cat for company. She keeps me sane (just about!) and makes me laugh - don't know what I'd do without her.

I have an appointment tomorrow for an eye test, and I'm not sure I'm going as yet. I'm getting very wound up about it, because in the appointment letter it says I'll have to wait around 45 minutes after drops are put in my eyes. THAT thought worries me a lot.

Convict187

I feel the exact same way :(

Finding someone is like mission impossible, and if you do meet someone online how to u go about meeting them in person :roll:

Placeway

Hello-

I'm new here-...I struggle with the same kinda thought ----I've dealing with a strong case of agoraphobia on and off for like 12yrs-....but this year-the year of 09'..christ! I''ve lost all friends...and felt as if I were truly going mad-I don't understand why I can't go about my day like everyone else-...ahhh-soon,I say to myself-soon--I'll break free from this madness and live my life in complete Bliss.

exquisite

if only...

i have had a really bad week, but i have NO ONE to talk to about it!

no one...:(

of course you do. you have all of the people on here. & i know how you feel, i've had an imcredibly horrible week, but i dont really have any close friends that i can actually talk to anymore. but that's why we're all here for each other. :)

H

Here4u

I prayed to saint dymphna for 9 days saying the novena. I too suffered from social phobia. I now feel empowered and couragous. At dymphna is there for u too. Open your hearts to God. Have faith!