anyone else hate leaving bed?

Anonymous

Does anyone else have trouble leaving the comfort of their nice bed? I lie under the covers, hugging a pillow for hours in my room just thinking or listening to music or reading. I do this for days straight and only get out to eat.

BombCat

Hi Antarctica, why are you almost just like me? I sleep almost half my day away too, so that i wouldn't have to think about what to do and i would have less time to worry.

Orlando

Antartica and BombCat,

Yeah, I also have the same problem. I read or sleep or watch TV. Leisure time is poison if you have too much of it. I would rather keep busy and do homework than spend my whole day thinking about my SP. Anything (going to a movie or taking a walk) is better than just ruminating about how negative things are. Just thinking about it over and over is just going to make me more sad.

LilMissTragic

Hello you lot,
I used to lie in bed quite a lot until I got my pets, now I get up for them. My 2 dogs and 2 ferrets keep me busy yet very happy :)

arlequin

Hello you all. I sometimes have felt like you (thinking my room is a very safe place and spending a lot of time there, I still do sometimes).But that's just a way to avoid real life. You should find something that makes you go out of bed (it's not a easy task) but otherwise you get used to it and in the future will be harder to overcome this situation. Bye

lonelycody

Hello, I have exactly the same problem which is the reason why I can't hold down a normal job as I am very late getting to work every day. I work for myself now so I don't have to worry about my boss telling me off. I just end up with less money than everyone else as I drive taxis.

I have alot of difficulty getting out of bed, I lose count the amount of times I press the 9 minute snooze button and before I realise it it is getting quite late. On a couple of occasions I have rang in sick as I just couldn't be bothered getting up and getting ready for work so I stayed in bed nearly all day and did absolutly nothing and had a bad case of the guilts all day because I never went to work.

Anonymous

Hello everybody,
i used to sleep in for long times and took lots of naps...
i was just wondering.. why does it seem like a lot of you people with SP/SA sleep a lot like me? for me it's cuz i gots nothing to do like i'm bored or when i'm sad or depressed.
do any of you wake up feeling sad or depressed a lot? i hate it when that happens!! :x
well it usually happens when i wake up in the morning to go for school and i just dont wanna get up. sometimes it's just too tough i sometimes fake sick and not go to school for the day... and i also feel guilty after just as lonelycody. i do agree as arlequin said that it's probably get worse in the future.

Anonymous

I have a lot of trouble getting out of bed.
Maybe 'cus I don't want to face another day or maybe there's nothing worthwhile getting up for.

LilMissTragic

I think getting a dog is a great idea, having two I find myself having to leave the house for thier benifit even on days I really dont want to. As for people talking to you its usually just other dog owners and it gets kinda easy as I use my dogs as a destraction technique so even though I say hello to the other person i can make a quick getaway by pretending I need to get my dog home or elsewhere or i use thier dog and just pet it lots without having to look at thier owner. I now know like a million dogs names but not one single owners name...hehehe!

happywannabe

hi
yeh i did get up much either sleep all day did nothing much until i got a dog too she the best thing that has happen too me

Orlando

Hi, everyone,

My family has three cats. When I was not looking, one of the cats (Scratchy) puked on my backpack. So the other day, I studied in a coffee store and brought the smelly, vomit laden smell with me. I thought other people were smelly but,clearly, it was me. Today, when I saw and took off the remaining dried cat puke, I felt so embarrassed.
I'm thinking about throwing up on my cat to see how embarrassed he will feel in front of his feline friends.
I like my cat but he got me angry today. :x
Hisss....Hisssss. Scratch....Scratch!

LilMissTragic

Well Orlando, I hope you smell better today. My dog decided to get frisky with my leg today in the middle of the park. It was so embarrasing. There were people about and my fiance just stood there laughing his head off. I've decided i'm going to trade him in for a goldfish, the dog that is, not the fiance!

Crimefish

I hate getting out of bed, but I don't know exactly why... It could be laziness, tiredness (I'm always exhausted), illness or depression. Luckily, I suppose, I need to get up and take medication every morning. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't get up at all.

Anonymous

orlando, thats wicked funny, about you puking on your cat to make him see. ug but i just lost my appetite.

Anonymous

OMG! I don't know which one is funnier, the cat hurling on the bag, or the thoughts of Orl hurling on the cat!! :lol:

I'm sorry Orl, I know that had to embarrass you and make you mad, but with all due respect, it IS funny! :lol:

This is the first time I laughed for, hmmmm, I don't remember the last time... thanks Orl! I needed that! :wink:

Anonymous

oh for christ's sake

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good god, you don't get out of bed as soon as you'd ideally like to? The answer is so simple...FUCKING STOP IT!

lonelycody

worrydoll said:
stop posting that crap justtwords. just stop it.

Well said. Its really hard when you are down and out and don't feel like it. Just dragging yourself around.

One thing to think about is that when you are down you feel tired all the time and don't want to get out of bed. In reality its only your mind that is tired as your mind is thinking all the time but your body actually needs the exercise. Exercise helps to lift the depression so it helps to get up and move around. The hardest part is convincing yourself.

SingaporeGuy

I hate waking up..cos by doing so I have to leave the house to work and meet people.

But now I just force myself to work, change that mindset..and everything;s going on well