Anyone else having a bad day?

Last night my boyfriend came over, and we ended up chatting about some stuff that happened in my past, and I started getting really upset. Today I just feel so low and down, usually I'm okay with my past, but I don't usually talk about it, and I hate getting upset, it makes me feel stupid. What made it worse was my boyfriend had no clue of how to support me, and after cuddling for a while he decided it would be best if he left, cos he thought it was his fault I was upset and that he was making it worse. I felt terrible when he left, I just felt so alone, felt a bit better when he explained why he left on msn though.

I've just had enough of feeling low and alone.

Sorry, rant over.

paul

Hey crazyfairyx, sorry to hear you're having a bad day. You shouldn't feel stupid when you get upset - everyone does - especially when it's for a good reason. You weren't being a drama queen, having a difficult past is can be upsetting to talk about.
As for him leaving, I think he probably just thought you needed some alone time or felt stupid because he couldn't give you any advice. I know how hard it is to give somebody with a sad childhood good advice, especially if yours wasn't.
Feeling sad is completely normal - you might just need to vent. As with yetisbabe I hope you feel better soon.

Angie_05

I struggle with this problem too. I have issues with the past and present, and I turn to my boyfriend every time for comfort. He is okay at comforting me, but he has not experienced a difficult past so he never knows exactly what to say. Sometimes I wonder if it's wrong to always go to him for comfort. Maybe a therapist would be better...so me and him could simply enjoy each other and leave all that other stuff somewhere else.

I hope you feel better. I am having a bad day too. I cannot be with my boyfriend right now since he is far away and it hurts. Too much family stuff going on too. I hope day gets better. We all deserve a good day.

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess it just hit me pretty hard, cos I've been handling it all so well, and then yesterday I just got so upset.
I generally don't talk to my boyfriend all that much about my problems, but for some reason it got brought up last night.
My guy had a fairly good childhood so he doesn't really understand my problems, but bless him he tries. While he was here he cuddled me, wiped my tears away and generally comforted me, but he had no idea what to do so he figured he should leave me alone cos he felt to blame for me being upset cos he brought it up.

I hope you feel better soon Angie, my boyfriend has gone away for the day so I can't see him, and I really want to, cos I feel so alone right now. But I'm lucky to have a guy who lives near me.

Hugs
Naomi x