Are there really people out there as bad as me?

soshi

This will be my first post ever about this. I have severe social phobia. I'm nervous about writing this because it is bringing attention to me even though it's anonymous. That is how bad I am. I hardly ever leave my house. I don't even like opening the curtains on the windows. I would prefer to hide in my house all day. I just want a husband who will take care of me so I can stay home and not have to deal with the real world. Is that pathetic or what? I want to go out but the idea of talking to people and meeting people scares me. My biggest fear is having people know that I am afraid.

despise

you would be amased about how many people on this forum will say your not the only one. i hav'nt gone out anywhere with my friends (other then school) in over 4 months. but im going out in about a week. big step :lol:
so, no your not alone.

Danfalc

Banned
Yeah soshi, Im pretty much the same, I hardly leave my house these days, and im reluctant to open my windows because im paranoid about people seeing in :(

Ive lost contact with my mates and stuff because of it, so yeah i think i probaly have it as bad as you.But i am starting to make a little progress i suppose, so no matter how bad you are, you can start to get better. :)

(oh and despise good luck when you go out)

esp

Yep, there are people with the same problems as you! It's really great that you were able to make a post on here. I was also really afraid the first time I did it. You're not pathetic, you are just a person who has an anxiety disorder. Why don't you take the risk and go to a psychologist? I avoided that for years and I would say its the best thing I've ever done. I think the worst fears happen in our minds, that's what I've found in doing exposure therapy. I go into a shop expecting people to be mean to me and nothing happens. I'm just beginning to wonder, did I waste all this time being afraid for nothing? I think there is hope for us all and we need to stop being depressed about having anxiety. I hope you post again.
Emma

SPECTACULAR

Hey soshi,
first of all, you are not alone. and you have come to the right place where hundreds of us share the same problem.
plus, it's a desease, an illness. You didn't choose to have, and i'm sure if it was up to you, you would never have chosen it, right?

I don't even like opening the curtains on the windows
i don't like that either. but here's a hint, open the curtains at night and turn off the lights. you'll be able to watch pepole come and go and they won't see you.it's really good.
consider it as #1 step.
peace.