Armed forces and sweating

klain

Hi everyone, I plan on joining the armed forces in 2-3 years and I was wondering if any members here are in the armed forces and suffer from Hyperhydrosis, specifically the armpits.

Because fo the nature of the armed forces I wouldn't be able to have a shower daily I expect and this is a big part of a routine I religously follow to make sure I don't sweat heavily or smell bad. I was wondering if anyone in the know could answer this.

Many Thanks,

Klain.

doesit

i have a bit of a problem with hands sweating but nothing major and it never really bothered me,but i have a trouble with blushing.But if you do go to armed forces i think it gonna work out great,especially in training and operations and other stuff,coz when doing sports everyone sweats a lot and no one really cares,even more it might look that your putting in more effort then others if you sweat a lot :) and hygiene should be fine as well due to the nature of the profession.

coyote

don't worry - showering daily is part of the required regimen

unless you're out in the field, or in combat - and then no one cares

USMC 1982-1988

klain

Wow thanks for the great and quick responses it was becoming something that would put me off thankyou both :) Royal Engineers here I come!

You can also try something like Drysol for your underarms..... it worked well for me. Before Drysol I would sweat buckets day and night.

klain

You can also try something like Drysol for your underarms..... it worked well for me. Before Drysol I would sweat buckets day and night.

I'm currently using Driclor, seems to do the business for me, if you are from the UK you can buy it online from express chemist