article ( in order to post u need to join)

darknight

Types of excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
by Neil Walker
February 14, 2007 04:15 PM EST (Updated: June 11, 2007 12:59 PM EDT) tags: sweating, fitness, health rating: 8.5/10 (2 votes) | comments: 2

email to a friend print this article
digg it del.icio.us
Excessive sweating is something a lot of people deal with on a regular basis, and it can be a medical problem. Statistics show that approximately one percent of the world suffers from excessive sweating. However, we can only account for the people who go to their medical professionals for help and advice. There are probably many more people that suffer from excessive sweating that do not even know it could be a medical problem in the first place, therefore never see or talk to a medical professional for it.

Usually, excessive sweating applies to certain parts of your body such as your armpits, feet, hands and face. These are the most frequent parts of the body that sweat excessively.

Symptoms or Signs of Excessive Sweating –

· Sweating even more when you are under stress
· In women, it will most likely begin after puberty
· You sweat in situations when it seems like there is no reason to be sweating

Different Kinds of Excessive Sweating –

1. Excessive Sweating of Your Hands:

This one occurs in most of the people who suffer from excessive sweating, and is medically known as palmar hyperhidrosis. Many people who have this type do have a family history of palmar hyperhidrosis.

2. Excessive Sweating of Your Feet:

This type is medically known as plantar hyperhidrosis. If you suffer from this medical condition you most likely also suffer from excessive sweating on your hands as well.

3. Excessive Sweating of Your Armpits:

This type is medically known as axillary hyperhidrosis. There are two sweat glands in each of your armpits, and you would usually suffer from this type by itself, but you could also suffer from excessive hand sweating, too.

4. Excessive Sweating of Your Face:

If you think you are suffering from excessive facial sweating and go to see your medical professional, you want to make sure they rule out any other possibilities such as rosacea, social anxiety and/or other medical problems.

Remember, excessive sweating could be a medical problem and does have treatments that may work for you. You do not have to suffer from excessive sweating, which can be down right embarrassing. Limit your activities and even slow down your productivity. There are treatments out there that have worked for some people. Sometimes, if a regular treatment does not work for you, a surgical treatment might be what you need. There are some prescription antiperspirants that will help reduce the amount that you sweat in general. Your medical professional can prescribe one of these for you. There are, of course, other treatments that may not require going to see a medical professional, but you should go anyway. This will help the medical field learn more about excessive sweating and help to develop more treatments for it. There are, of course, side effects with any surgical treatment, but you can discuss your options with your medical professionals before deciding what you need to do.

Just imagine not having to live with this embarrassing and annoying medical problem anymore.

Neil Walker has discovered an amazingly simple method to combat excessive sweating in less than 30 days... If you have ever been embarrassed by excessive sweating, I have two things to say to you: 1. You are not alone 2. Click here to reveal a 100% all-natural, incredibly easy-to-follow process that you can use to quickly and easily eliminate your sweat problems forever.

email to a friend print this article
digg it del.icio.us

permalink to this article

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Rating:

Comments: 2

I was glad to read your article; I suffer from excessive sweating on my face. It can be embarassing, though I have learned to live with it. I am very active and always sweat A LOT when I work out, but someone once told me that it is healthy to sweat a lot and that helped with my embarrasment. Also, I don't know if this is true of anyone else with this problem, but I had always attributed it to the fact that my body temperature is lower than average. It is only a degree, but I have always thought that might be why. Any thoughts?
Meredith W., Feb 15, 2007, 2:23am EST

I avoid sweating as it aggravates my Rosacea and at the gym I make sure I am underneath a fan on high speed. The gyms that only have A/C do not work for me and I feel like it is a sauna. I am also 47 and in perimenopause and the hot flashes. Fans all around my house help and I have one that takes batteries and is portable for standing in line at post office and at laundromat.
Bonnie Sayers, Jun 2, 2007, 1:00pm EDT

I also suffer frm HH and was wondering if u guys had joined any other websites. I'm suprised that thier aren't anymore articles on this site on HH. I know someone who is starting to write a book on HH. I am going to tell them about this site so maybe the book can be published when finished.
Whitney O., Jul 15, 2007, 11:19pm EDT delete