Blushing in Canada

herringman1

I would like to meet people in Eastern Canada who has this blushing problem..I'm 61 years old and it just dosen't get any better...

scarface1

I'm sorry to hear that you are 61 and have lived like this your whole life. How severe of a problem has facial blushing been to you?

I've lived with it for 8 years and I bet I am already on the same path you were on at my age.

herringman1

its been real bad..have to change jobs often..no close friends..Havent seen my brothers and sisters for years..they now demand that i come home to visit this summer..none of them know about it or have forgotten..dreading this summer when i have to go..even going for groceries is a nightmare..thanks for answering

krs2snow

Hi Herringman1. I'm sorry too! It's sooo damn stupid isn't it??!!! Go see your family! Go! They love you and want you to visit! F*ck being red! Go see your family!!! Allow them the chance to support you by letting them in on what's happening in your life. That's what family's for anyway.

herringman1

Thank u Snow for your support..I thought i was the only one in the world like this until 2 years ago when i got a computer and started to do some research. Boy was i ever shocked to find that there is people all over the world like this...funny thing though is that i dont blush outside in the cold air..why is that???..put me in a warm room with people and i'm ready to fall to pieces if someone speaks to me..if they see u go red once then they start to look for it and that makes me worst..as long as i have an excape plan in my head i'm ok but if i get trapped i freak..i've been going through this for 48 years...meetings is the worst..i thought it would go away as i got older but no luck....thanks again...Whats your story???

krs2snow

Hi Herringman1. Basically, I turn red when someone says "Hello". I am riddled with self hatred for this. I hate hate hate turning red. And yet, I turn red. All the time. To put it plainly.... It Plain Sucks! :? My doctor diagnosed me with Rosacea but I don't think I have Rosacea. Well, maybe. But, I think it's in my head more so. I've been struggling with this for about 8 years. Some days are better and some worse. I can turn red when standing in the check out line or when at work in front of co-workers. For no reason or for some reason. It doesn't matter. I get red in the cold. I get red in the hot. I get red... even when I'm not.
I know what you mean about people seeing you go red and then looking for it. If I've blushed in front of someone, I pretty much will blush in front of them again and again. It's like this vicious cycle. I think they are waiting to see me turn red so what do I do? I turn red! Arg!
It's been a really hard thing to deal with. It's caused me to to avoid most situations where I think I might have a problem. But, I know in my heart it's all in my head! I just wish I could convince my face of the same thing!

herringman1

Yes i'm herring u snow...i fell so sorry and wish i could reach out and heal you..So many young people with this curse..I hope a cure comes soon so you dont have to go through as many years as i have...keep up the hope and face it head on..try the possive thinking and don't give a shit idea..its hard to do but works for me sometimes...and yes i belive its all inside our heads but how do u get it out??..be careful of all the scams out there ..none of that crap works...What part of the world are u in ..if u don't mind me asking....Herringman1