Blushing Problem D=

Jade_666

Heya. ^^

I've been thinking about creating a Threada about this for some times now, but never did, for some reaosn, until now. Anyway.

Since the middle of 8th grade, (when I was 13 years-old); I've had this wierd "blushing problem". The reason why I put "blushing problem" in quotes, is because I'm not sure if it's the same, but atleast close enough. ^^). Whenever I'd be in Gym class, I'd get all red afterwards, sometims during. It wasn't the "normal" kind of Red Face you get whenever you have Gym... well, or what it's called; and because I usually never got red in Gym class from swetting. In any case; it'd last for atleast 200 minutes, and people would always look at me and stuff, and this girl named Brittabi, (who I used to be best friends with; who in the past three weeks isn't my friend anymore); would always ask, "Why is your face all red?". Ughh! I hated that! It made me get even more red. x_X The only parts of my face that would get red, (and still do to this day), are my nose, and somethinges my chin and stuff. It's so embarrassing. I just turned 15 on April 20th and also in 9th grade, and it still goes on... every single day.

95.0 Percent of the days I've been at school... in 9th grade; I'd get red at certain times. It's so wierd. x_X

Bus: The first minute or two I'm okay, then I start to feel all embarrased, and I can't keep my eyes open... yes, I know, it's very wierd. ='^/
1st Period (Math): Goes okay, except towards the end my nose gets all red. X_X
2nd Period (Day 1: Math Lab | Day 2: Gym): Nose Gets red is I have to takeaa test or something.
3rd Period (Social Studies): Red, usually at the beginning of calss, lasting anywhere from 20 minutes to the entire period, and on into the 4th Period.
4th Period (Social Studies): Sometimes I get red at the begginning of this period, (usually lasting still from 3rd Period), gah. X.x
5th Period (Resource Room): Sometimes I get Red, sometimes I don't.
6th Period (Lunch... I go to the Library Instead, though): Sometimes I get red, sometimes I dont.
7th Period (Study Hall.. I go to the Library Instead, though): Normal... for the most part; except at the very end... I get a red nose. X.x
8th Period (Earth Science): I get red towards the end of this period.
9th Period (Day 1: Earth Science Lab | Day 2: Advisement): Randomly Get all Red.
Bus: I get red at forst, but then it goes away once the bus starts to move.

That's my day at school. XD
Another thing I find very odd, is that almost every day, (this usually doesn't happen at school, though); my hands, and wrists, and arms will get all red, and will feel very warm. It's so random. JJust sitting at my computer, then suddenly... Boom, red hands, fingers, etc. Ihave no clue what is wrong with me.

May I get some Helpful Tips and Advice? Thank You VERY Much!!! ^^
=^D

prince1

Facial blushing is where you go red from anxiety, sounds like you have something else mabye facial flushing (random blushing).

Pitrus

Well i got FB and i get red on my whole body after a BB game or any other one. I dont get the red hands or fingers just in random time but r u sure ur not puting ur hands on the desk or wherever that u cut off cirulation to ur hands? u may be putting ur hands on the edge of desk and thats the result or maybe u press ur hand against other hand and thats what u get? I asked few other friends about ur blushing becouse i didnt met a person that gets only red nose or chin but i think that sadly it may be rosacea becouse of the incommon places the redness occurs. Im gone go back to you when i get some comments form other people.

Pitrus

here is a reply from some other guy

Maybe she flushes because of high histamine levels which happens to me when I exercise and dont warm up before. My legs and arms flush and get itchy.

She might also have rosacea since her nose flushes a lot.

Does she take any vitamins? Niacin which is vitamin B3 can cause these types of flushes.

I hate blushing! I"ve blushed all my teen ag, now I dont blush but I still have a problems with reading infront of group of people.

MelissaQu

I went away for a few days with my husband and parents. Ever since I got married everyone is asking when the babies are coming. It's very embarrassing for me, and non-shy people don't understand why. I guess because it implies sex and I'm uncomfortable talking about that.

So we were having lunch and my dad says, "So I want a grandchild..." blabla and he's said this a thousand times before and I've gotten away with out blushing but I was stuck in this one spot so I couldn't get out of it. He said, "oh look how red you got!" I said, "Stop it." and it was over. But it was just so embarrassing to blush in front of family.

oszapo

MelissaQu said:
I went away for a few days with my husband and parents. Ever since I got married everyone is asking when the babies are coming. It's very embarrassing for me, and non-shy people don't understand why. I guess because it implies sex and I'm uncomfortable talking about that.

So we were having lunch and my dad says, "So I want a grandchild..." blabla and he's said this a thousand times before and I've gotten away with out blushing but I was stuck in this one spot so I couldn't get out of it. He said, "oh look how red you got!" I said, "Stop it." and it was over. But it was just so embarrassing to blush in front of family.

Im the same so i really feel for you.If anyone is askin me when i get married or havin a baby i go red.Its very sad but i cant help it.
I mean whats the point in that?
And last time we had a family dinner and my dad was askin me a question.at once all the attention was on me and i gonr so red.My dad was lookin at me so surprised he couldn figure out why i gone red.I could see he felt very bad that his daughter goes red only because he was talkin to me.
There are no words for that how bad this can make anyone feel i cannot even describe it.
And its always gettin worse as now im scared to sit down with him i f**** had enough!!

MelissaQu

Gosh I finally found someone who knows what I'm going through! Most people say, "Well what's the big deal?" I hate the kind of attention, it's just wrong!

The problem is that now I'm avoiding any situation where I might have to sit down with them, or the neighbors and other family, because I fear it might happen again. So that leads to more avoidance, which we all know is worse.

So what can we do?!

oszapo

I know, its just as bad when they say look how red you are oh dont go red!
What can we do i dont think a lot.I cover my face with make up so i look stupid and avoid situations -anti social im bein called but i wish i wouldn have to be as i love to go out.
How old are you?Im 27

MelissaQu

I'll be 27 next month actually. About 6 months ago I decided to take action aside from medication because I really want to get rid of this problem. So I started going to therapy and it has helped somewhat. I just have to push myself. The problem is that it's scary to put yourself in the situation that you fear, but really that's the only way to get over it.

Have you tried exposure therapy?