Blushing round a teacher

sidney

Hi, i was wondering if anyone can help me cus I REALLY NEED HELP?? Im heading into my most important year of skool but im terrified to go back as I uncontrolably blush around a certain male teacher, it happens every time i pass him in the hall and hes always in my classroom, my friends ee it aswell and make it worse by saying "why are you going so red?" and near the end of this year i seen him giving me funny looks as i think hes caught on that i blush wen hes around.Its because hes so confident and i havent seen him get embarassed not once.It reli makes me feel so bad and lowers my self esteem and thats exactly wat i DONT need this year.Can anyone give me tips or does anyone else hav the same problem please please pleeeeeease help me somebody!!! :oops:

den1

Hi,
I am currently at university, I don't so much suffer from blushing but I find it extremely difficult and awkward to talk to the lecturers. I always think that they think I'm stupid as thats how I feel when I have to talk to them.
I usually miss bits of information in lectures due to my mind wondering or if I don't understand something and I go ahaed and ask a lecturer for help, once they explain, I always say I understand it first time even if I don't, just to avoid looking stupid!
Anyway it took me a long time to get to university and I very very nearley failed which would have meant I wouldn't have been able to go back.
It was hard but I HAD to approach them and tell them about this problem and basically put myself through what I said earlier about feeling stupid but made sure I understood the work befor leaving them. It was hard but I made myself do it and now I am through to my next year!!!
Just go through with it! You won't have to see him again, and I think these funny looks are probably in your own head, whatch how he looks at other people to see if he still does it.

sidney

Thanks, yea i get that sometimes aswell like wen im asked a question infront of the class and i panic incase i cant answer it i go red i never ask for help cus i feel stupid then so i keep quiet:(
So do u think I shud tell him i have this problem im just worried what he'll think and how am i suppose to start explaining it, what if he doesnt understand???

Jegan

I can totally relate to what u are feeling.. well when i was in H.S I always use to blush around teachters.. wheather it be males or female teachers. Especially around female teachers. Every time i see them on the hallways.. I feel soo shy... thats one of the reasons y i mised most of the class. I just dont wana luk like a dumbass in front of my teachers. :roll:

oszapo

Sidney ,thats horrible i know cos it happenes to me as well.Its not a teacher its a manager at my place.Once he called me and i got sooo red that he kept sayin to me its ok,its ok whats up?So since then i go so red when i see him and every day im afraid that hes gonna walk in where i work.Other people noticed it to its very embarassin i dont know what do they think that i fancy him?I dont!!!it really sucks dont know what to do.To me it helps that when i walk in and he is there i can walk up to him and even say hello but if hes the one walkin in i loose it.its so hard cos i developed a proper fear of him for nothin.Sometimes i think to change job but who knows if i dont find people like thet somewher else?
There are a few people who i know if they walk up yo me i turn bettroot but some are horrible ugly some normal so i dont see the sense in that.
The only thing you can think on that when your year is over then you can forget him and will feel really good that you gone through all that.
Did you try make up?It does tone blushing down a bit.

sidney

thanks for the advice=) no im reli pale so makeup doesnt suit me and we're not allowed to wear it in skool :( its horrid wen ppl think u fancy them and u dnt, i get that aswell its just so bad cus lots of ppl r around wen it happens and that doesnt help

MelissaQu

Hi there, I used to have the same problem. What I did notice was that when I wore my reading glasses, I blushed less. So I wear them more often now! I feel hidden, and it somehow works a lot. If you don't need glasses, you can buy a fake pair at most department stores. They're just clear lenses, no prescription in them. Try it out!

sidney

Thanks, but i use to wear glasses and i dont anymore i dont reli want to have to start wearin dem again.But yea i know what u mean im tryin to get a cap cus i feel hidden away under them so it eases off for me
Any other suggestions??