Books about OCD?

kathyk

Ok so I am reading Tormenting Thoughts and Rituals. It has some tips about how to stop obsessions and compulsions. I think it's pretty helpful. I think I'm going to read Brainlock next. Do u guys know of any good and helpful books about OCD?

chris87

I've heard good feedback on the book you mentioned (Brain Lock). I probably should read it, even though it will probably take me forever to get through it. I have an OCD habit of rereading lines, which makes finishing a book an arduous task.

kathyk

o no i had that problem too
i recently just started gonig to the library to get books and now i decided to get some OCD ones.
my problem before was that i couldn't even go to the library or the bookstore cause i would feel dirty and my day would be ruined. i couldn't even walk past it at school becaue i would see the books and some would be bad books about bad things it was horrible. i hated doing research for my classes and stuff because once i went to the library my day would be ruined.
now im over that fear so hooray i can read books now
but ya u should read that book too if u can, in the one i'm reading it's mentioned and it's supposed to be really helpful

slimjim119

When I'm reading, sometimes I have to go back and read the same sentences over again. Really annoying. I have read "Brainlock" and thought it was helpful. Another good book I read is "Stop Obsessing! How to Overcome your Obsessions and Compulsions." By Foa and Reid. Look for it in the library.

kathyk

Thanks! I will probably read all of those because I am trying to change my life and not go to parties and get drunk because that makes my OCD wayyyyyyyy worse. So I decided to just study at my school a lot and read. Haha pretty lame but I have to do what I have to do.

goat

Jeffrey Schwatrz' book "The Mind and the Brain: Neuroplasticity and the Power of Mental Force" is very good.

getbornagain

kathyk said:
Thanks! I will probably read all of those because I am trying to change my life and not go to parties and get drunk because that makes my OCD wayyyyyyyy worse. So I decided to just study at my school a lot and read. Haha pretty lame but I have to do what I have to do.

No kidding. I know I have to do the same thing, but I just hate cutting myself out of society. Hate it. But I have the same dilemma I have major relapses after a night of boozin.