bored

veryshy

Everyday all I do is sit here and stare at the walls. I think this alone is making me depressed. I dont go anywhere, dont have any friends. now no job. nobody will hire me. I put in 30+ applications last week and the week before. 1 called back, said they would call me in for an interview and never did...

I dont know why no one will hire me. What am I supposed to do? Become a POS who lives off their family? Criminal?

Taco bell wouldnt even hire me. :(

black_mamba

veryshy said:
Taco bell wouldnt even hire me. :(

Yep, I used to sit at home all day surfing the net. Then I miraculously found a job and suddenly my depression disappeared.

If you've sent 30+ applications and had no interviews, maybe you need to improve your ap's. Spend your time researching or reading about effective letters and CVs. Well, that's what I did to help me along...just a suggestion. :) (Or alternatively I can help you)

Lost_Nomad

Yep, I used to sit at home all day surfing the net. Then I miraculously found a job and suddenly my depression disappeared
Black_mamba you must like your job a lot, i hate mine so i still feel depressed. :) I know how you feel veryshy not only do i get that , because of no work, but i had one employer tell me that " you are usless to me if you are not going to talk, you have to be more outgoing , otherwise we just cant keep you" mind you this job had no customers, it was a factory job and this guy just didnt like the fact take i was not as outgoing as other employees. the next week i was told not to come. I dont think its legal to fire some one based on their personality but thats what happend. it sucks to get put down. for me i like learning things or doing constructive stuff that make me feel like i realy done something. but obviously with out work socialty looks down on you, you cant help your family or get things that you may like, or even get out. I will just give you my support and wish for you well. dont give up and keep trying. :wink:

ColdAsIce

Yes me too!! when I have a job I get depressed but as soon as I'm unemployed I'm a hundred times more depressed, I hate feeling useless. I prefer to work though, if someone is willing to keep me on.

I have had loads of jobs most of them I have been dismissed from because "I'm not what they're looking for"...or "Your too shy to deal with this sort of customer"..ect ect...I dunno...every interview I get I tell them I'm V shy and not a "people person" most of the time they take pity and I get the job yet eventually I'm never good enough for them. No wonder my self-esteem is non-excistant!

I think mainly job wise you don't really get anywhere in life in my experience if your not out-going... :roll: ...I haven't given up trying different jobs, but I can never get use to being rejected.

sheree

I've just been put on "sick" pay and i'm not to happy about it
i'd love to work even cleaning would do!
when i'm well i want to travel though.

wutnow

veryshy said:
1 called back, said they would call me in for an interview and never did...

Try calling them again. Keep calling. Call to say thanks for looking at your application. Call them every couple months and tell them you want to update it. If y9ou have nothing to update it with. Call them and ask them if you're still on file. "File? We ain't go no file. We don't need no file. Etc." Maybe. But we have a 'file' where I work and we just hired somebody from it.

Print well. Spell correctly. Don't wrinkle the application and use only one pen to finish filling it out.

Keep Going. Taco Bell will hire you - if you want them to.

I don't mean to be condescending, but there's plenty of work to be had. You'll be alright :D.

veryshy

Its probably my record too. Never any serious crimes, thefts or prison time, but its not exactly clean either.