Botox Shots for hyperhidrosis

Stockmoose16

Hello,

I recently had botox injected into my hands to eliminate hyperhidrosis. I originally had 100 units injected (50/hand), which helped on the palms, but my fingers were still sweating profusely. Two weeks after my first set of injections, I went for 60 more units (30/hand), focused on the fingers.

For the first week, the shots worked flawlessly. My hands and fingers were so dry that I had to lick them to turn pages. But now, 7 days after the second round of injections, my fingertips are soaked again.

I don't understand what's going on. There's no way the botox could've worn off in 7 days. Can someone advise me? I've tried EVERYTHING up to this point... drysol, drionic, etc.

Jezza

Your palms are still dry though?

I've had about 50/50 injections in my hands about 2 months ago...There were/are some areas that are still sweating (where the botox doesn't reach). However I'd say the sweating in my hands is about 80% better, also on my fingers.

I think it's weird though that you went back 2 weaks after to get another 30/30 shots...To me they said that I had to wait 3 months till I could get new injections in my hands (whatever happened), to minimize the risk of getting immune to it because of the possible creation of antibodies (because they inject a outside protein). Although I looked into that myself and I didn't find any conclusive evidence to support that, it seems logical if you think about booster effects etc.

Anyway, what I noticed is that now the other sides of my fingers (the outsides) and my feet are sweating more...it's maddening, but it seems like my body thinks it has to sweat and if it can't be from the inside of my hands than the outside or another spot will do...

Well, at least that shows to some extend that it isn't the sweatglands itself that are the problem but the impulses to them...

blong

Me too Jezza, I had 50 injections per hand 4 months ago and where they injected it id say 85% better, but everywhere else it has picked up! My feet sweat much much more and everywhere else. It is maddening. I am starting to get really discouraged.

samiaburaed

hey guyz .. i also suffering from a bad heavily sweating at my hands , foot and under arm .. i went to a doctor and he wrote me a (louis widmer )as a hand and foot cream , but it didnt work at all afer using it ,
then i went to another doctor ,, some of my friends told me that he is a very good doctor ,, so i went to him ,he also wrote to me another prescription called (driclor) 20% Al-chl. , but unfortunately it was as the once before ,
i went back to the same doctor , and told him that it didnt success with me
so he told me that the best choice for me is the Botox , and it will work 100% and it will stop the sweating after about 1 - 2 weeks
i took it ( 50 shot per hand) and i waited day by day to feel any reduction for the sweating
but it did not do anythin ,, i went back to him after about one month
and i told him that it also did not do any thing with my hands , he was shocked when he saw my hands getting sweat so badly :S:S
he told me to repeat it again , coz he was thinkin that the amount of botox
was not enough for my hands,, so i went with another Botox treatment ,,
and as usual ,, nthn new , my hands still damned by the nature !!!!
i also want to say that is not jst my hands have sweating ., also my feet,
so after having botox my feet was sweating so badly till now :S
am so disappointed....
please if any one had the same situations i will be so glade if he tells me what to do !!!

missyv

botox for plantar hh

I've heard about the botox injections but I thought they were awfully painful. Is this true? My feet sweat and embarass me to the point that I don't want to go outside or anywhere. I need insurance to be able to find/get treatment. I tried all of the topical solutions and they just don't work? Do they inject the botox in your feet?