Bulled because im a migrant very sad story

Anonymous

I am the son of a first generation immigrant.I remember my early years of childhood as an extremely tough time.My dad struggled to make a living and my mum had difficulties speaking english.Neither of them could settle easily into the Irish way of life.Because of this there was always a great tension in the house.This had a profound impact on me and my personaliity.Growing up in a working class area(my parents were very poor on arriving in ireland)i found it difficult to make friends.However i realised i could impress people by being funny.I suffered from bouts of bullying throughout my school years.My religion however helped me greatly in my times of sorrow.The fundamentalist christians within our year gathered together and we found it easy to get along with each other.However i was constantly bullied by a so called "friend".I knew i could not tell him to go away because of his physical strength and his higher social standing.I would became a outcast if I tried to stop the endless torment.My friends would often have "mess fights"(focused on beating up me) after which i would become quite bruised.I now realise I was being seriously bullied.However it was only in college that my true hardship began.Now no longer with my school gang,I felt lonely and abandoned.At least in my school I was not by myself all the time.I tried to become involved in student societies but was bullied out.All the people in my course think I am a weird rude loner.I now spend my days wishing I had more friends.I have at most two friends.For a twenty year old man this is pathethic.These past experiences have ruined my life.I have become a submissive unconfident loser.People think I am gay.This is too much.Please help me soon.

Dedication

It sounds like you've had a rough go of it, Beamo. Let's face it...people can be cruel. Keep in mind, though, that as you get older you'll find that while some people are still bastards most people are kind and caring. My advice to you is to look to the future and not the past, re-learn how to view the world and connect with people (therapy and books are a great way to do that). It's human nature to want to connect with others...it's really the only thing that keeps us sane. I've just started changing the way I view the world and I'm really working on connecting with others and it's helping a lot...it's hard work but it can be done. And you say you have two friends? That's a lot better than having none...focus on these friendships, have fun...and try to broaden your friendship base by learning new social skills.

Anonymous

Beamo said:
I have at most two friends.For a twenty year old man this is pathethic..

hey Beamo, i don't mean anything personal, but i think two friends at age of 20 is a very good thing, i have only two real friends and i enjoy that. definetely to pathethic.

Now for all of you who were bullied, i think you would need to understand that there is nothing somebody can do to fix the past. you were that person in the past and you are this person in the present. I know is not easy to forget or change, but you people need to give it a try. the lil kid bullied was obviusly very confused, afraid and naive, and thats the way it is. you wont change that as much as you wont change the bullies when they were kids. maybe some bullies got bullied too and got killed or end up in jail, maybe not. However the point is: You are not confused, afraid ot naive anymore, so get some money and work out on being happy from now on. If you see a bully bullying a kid in the future, dont do anything about it, you might be bullyng the bully by doing so. some persons tried to bully me in the past i suppose, but it always ended up in fist to fist fights, im very thin so they were surprised when i reacted psychotically, but thats another topic, the bullies learned to ignore me and i just kept ignorin them like at the beggining. P.S. yep, the fights showed blood.
oh well hope it helps since nobody else replied you'll have find some help in these words. any of you saw "BULLY" the movie btw?

Anonymous

I am an immigrant with social phobia. Let me tell you, it is very difficult. If anybody wants to share experience or just want to have a pen pal, my email address is [email protected]

Carlito

Beamo said:
I am the son of a first generation immigrant.I remember my early years of childhood as an extremely tough time.My dad struggled to make a living and my mum had difficulties speaking english.Neither of them could settle easily into the Irish way of life.Because of this there was always a great tension in the house.This had a profound impact on me and my personaliity.Growing up in a working class area(my parents were very poor on arriving in ireland)i found it difficult to make friends.However i realised i could impress people by being funny.I suffered from bouts of bullying throughout my school years.My religion however helped me greatly in my times of sorrow.The fundamentalist christians within our year gathered together and we found it easy to get along with each other.However i was constantly bullied by a so called "friend".I knew i could not tell him to go away because of his physical strength and his higher social standing.I would became a outcast if I tried to stop the endless torment.My friends would often have "mess fights"(focused on beating up me) after which i would become quite bruised.I now realise I was being seriously bullied.However it was only in college that my true hardship began.Now no longer with my school gang,I felt lonely and abandoned.At least in my school I was not by myself all the time.I tried to become involved in student societies but was bullied out.All the people in my course think I am a weird rude loner.I now spend my days wishing I had more friends.I have at most two friends.For a twenty year old man this is pathethic.These past experiences have ruined my life.I have become a submissive unconfident loser.People think I am gay.This is too much.Please help me soon.

Beamo I can understand what you went through. Eventhough I have never been through it. In high school and jr. high I was always in fights sticking up for myself. And I got respect for it. After fighting not many people would mess with me. Now in the adult world the fighting is mental.
To me the fighting in the adult world is still like high school, it's just not physical anymore. I think if you would stick up for yourself and don't let anybody walk all over you, you will get a lot of respect. A reason people might treat you as an outcast is the way you act. For example do you ever smile and have fun around people. . I do this all the time and everybody likes me. I'm not trying to please them it just comes natural. Yet when I come home I think to myself did I make a fool of myself. I think this is what the majority of people with social anxiety go through. Were probably fine in the social situation yet we think we made a fool of ourselves. Beamo don't worry their are a lot worse people out there than you and you have friends here, especially the girls. Beamo if you don't get the mack with one of these beautiful girls here at the forum, I'm gonna be pissed at you. 8O

LilMissTragic

If they were your so called friends then your definatly better off with out them. There are many immigrants in the UK and I'm sure there are places on the net where you can meet and talk about your experiences as your doing now with your SP with us. I think you should take time out and think about what it is you like to do and then find like minded people by getting into the activities you enjoy. Dont be a doormat for anyone. You have as much right to be here as anyone and people have no right to degrade you.