bullied all my life! never had a girl friend

Anonymous

It all started at an early age, When i went to school i was very nervous i had no friends and was very introverted. As the months went by, the lonliness grew, and as the lonelness grew i became more introverted. Everyone played rugby in my school and i wanted to play aswell. I finally plucked up the courage and joined the team. Because of my introversion, and lack of self esteem,I was constanly the brunt of their jokes. In the changing room the anxiety would become so intense that i would often feel sucidal. After a few weeks the constant name calling manifested itself into physical bullying. One time , the leader of the group burned my arm with a cigarette lighter. It looked like that i had contracted ring worms and that name stuck. For the rest of my school years i was known by eveyone as the ring worm boy. In the last year i did very well in my exams and went on to study mechanical engineering in a university. I knew that uni was my chance to be the person i was meant to be. In the engineering class i was all alone, i had so called friedns or acquantinces but i knew they thought i was a loser. I tried to be funny , but all i got is fake laughs and dirty looks. Im in second year now and i feel alone. I walk around campus all the time on my own listneing to my ipod and pretending that im on the phone talking to someone. Im 19 and i feel so pathetic. Ive never had a girlfriend, and feel like such a loser. I don't think ill ever get one. I but on this hard front by slagging people and listening to ganster rap music to be kool. But inside i feel sucidal,, the only pleasure i have is to look a smutty pictures of women on the internet, knowing deep inside thats as far as ill get. Please help me im at the end of my teather.

Henry

My man relax! First of all, don't start thinking the suicidal thoughts. Suicide is the worst fuck up you can ever make. And if people on here happen to say "Just get on with it," dont listen to them, and tell them to go blow a whale. Ok anyway after you finished rooting out the suicidal thoughts, try to look at the positives in your life. Everyone has some, you just have to look. Give yourself a pat on the back looking at how far you've come too. And try raising your self esteem alittle, because it ultimatily doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Get a hobby or something, and dont worry about getting a girlfriend, everyone gets one eventually, at least it seems so. So cheer up my friend. Its a wonderful life.

GettingThere

I agree with Henry.

I would add that things get easier as you get older because as people mature they stop the bullshit that is name calling and bullying. When I started work I could hardly believe how different it was to what I had been used to from high school.

Chilling__Echo

yeah, things will turn up. they can only stay bad for so long. eventually people grow up. even if they don't, you're in college!! alot of people on here can't do that. you've got alot of courage and be confident in yourself. not eveyone is your enemy. find some people that you can be yourself with. trust me, if you're alone all the time, things are so much worse than they have to be. try and find someone you can connect with. like gettingthere said, find a hobby. you never know who you'll meet.

Anonymous

No man, you're not a loser. You're going to be a mechanical engineer. I have yet to meet a mechanical engineer who is a loser.

Ok, I know that's simplistic.

I was bullied in school. Refused the locker room after 9th grade (14 yo). And had friends only because my sister was a cheerleader. Once some girl thought it'd be funny to call me and tell me that I had impregnated her daughter. HA HA Very Funny MF. Anything pre-university/ college, is BS. I remember how meek and defenseless all of the popular high school people looked when they went to college and became complete 'unknowns'. It was pathetic. There was a high school girl who used to taunt me by calling me "miss". I saw her at the local community college staring at ground afraid to look anyone in the eye because she was completely out of her element - she was the outsider, the loser, one of the freakin' geeks and she didn't call me "miss". Man, I realized then, everyone is vulnerable and she was full of sh#t. I could tolerate being alone, these people fell to pieces outside their cliques.

It's bleak for you right now, so learn everything you can about your situation; what's working, what's not working, observe confidant people, examine their methods, absorb all the good and bad interactions or non-actions, distill out the crap and use the stuff that works to better your situation. Those are just some of the things I did (do) day to day. I'm still struggling and without a girlfriend, but I'm still trying. Be genuine, forget that poser garbage, be who you are man. Being genuine will let you relax, you won't have to keep putting up the front.

I hope others here can provide insight on counseling, suicide prevention, treatment for anxiety and depression, and more clinincal methods for treating your ailments.

Anonymous

The positive part about it is that your still going along thru school, despite the inadequecies you may feel...

Sounds pretty courageous to me!...foreal...

Peace man...

Dedication

Sounds like you're really smart...so focus on that, stay in school and do the best you can. The only way you're going to connect with people is by being yourself and not posing as a gangster rapper (unless of course you are one). Try to keep it real...be the person you really are. This will sound hokey but be true to yourself. You are unique in your own way...let that be what people see in you.