Can this person be real?

WaningMoon

Some days ago I met someone on line, we were in the same group on Facebook and then I added him to my personal accopunt because he said someting I felt related to.

But since the beginning this was a little misterious, I'm not saying this kind of things do not happen, life is cruel, I know, but I don't know, it was a little weird since the beginning. He told me his mom died when he was 7, his dad when he was 17, he went to live to France at 18 (he was from Colombia) and now he was at the university, he had a scholarship and lived with the inheritance (?) his dad left him, he asked his girlfriend to marry him , she said yes, but in one week she said she was pregnant to ohter guy and she wanted to marry that guy. After some days, he said he had colon cancer (my nightmare), and today, on his facebook account, a friend of him told me that he killed himself today.

I'm shocked, I swear I cried, it's to much. I'm thinking that, well this new friend writes exactly the same way, perfect grammar, perfect use of commas, period at the end of the sentence, and some things. Maybe I just want it to be a lie because it's horrible :( I knew him just for some days but this is so horrible:S can this be true or it was just a liar on the net?

Remus

Staff member
I smell a rat (or a scam). Be careful if the 'friend' asks for money in any way (gravestone or burial), there's a few scams going round like that.

WaningMoon

Sounds like an attention wh0r making shit up to get pity.
He was, I contacted another girl who he used to talk to , and we concluded he was a pshycho. It was even worse for this girl because he took the time to pretend he loved her. It was more horrible. He left a note, in the note the guy said: Tell Ana, only her, I don't care about the rest... and this "friend" who told us about the dead gave the note to me, but he didn't gave it to this girl. The girl said that he only said he was dead and then he deleted the account, he didn't wait for her to answer. They even had plans to get marry :S Awful.

I smell a rat (or a scam). Be careful if the 'friend' asks for money in any way (gravestone or burial), there's a few scams going round like that.
Oh, yes! It wouldn't surprise me but it def will help me to be more awake to detect another crazy like this one.

Sounds like catfish to me.
He was.

Thank you all!

theoutsider

I absolutely think this person is toying with you. Perhaps making up stories and seeing how long you will play along because he is bored. Sorry that you shed a tear for this made up situation. You should tell the "friend" that you are on to his little game.

Oops. Never mind. I should have read the entire thread before commenting.