Can't answer the phone. Very private. ashamed. empty

jaidacoy

i know i have social anxiety but it iwll take a long time before i get in an office to do something about it. meanwhile i dont answer the phone.. and when i look at it or get a messege from someone who wants to 'hang out' with me.. i get so anxious and scared its terrible. iv lost every relaitonship i ever had. it just seems hopeless. i want to die so bad. i dont have the strength for any else. my mind is so consumed by loss and fear.. and from years of bottling up my thoughts and emotions..
i dont see myself ever being happy. i wish death was in front of me. and was painless. i wish i had never existed. i want to end the pain. i am consumed with anxiety

I totally understand how you feel 100%. I was in that situation and well now i don't go out anywhere. I am 16 years old and a senior in HS and i just go to school and come back home and sleep and use the computer. The only person that i speak to on the phone is my bf and when the phone is ringing, i get extremely nervous and anxious. I hate talking to people on the phone, people annoy me, in school lets just say that i am a loser. Sometimes i do wish i was dead, i just feel like i will never be happy. Perhasp, being happy wasn't made for me but i seriously don't have any hope or plan for the future. I hope you get better, i am not trying to be more negative or anything. I was just trying to let you know that you are not alone.

miss_amy

I cannot answer a phone either. I can only make a call if its to someone really close to me like my mum, sister or husband.

gobbledegook

I'm the same :? I tend it find it harder to make calls than to receive them although I still get very anxious.

IceNerveshatter

jaidacoy said:
i know i have social anxiety but it iwll take a long time before i get in an office to do something about it. meanwhile i dont answer the phone.. and when i look at it or get a messege from someone who wants to 'hang out' with me.. i get so anxious and scared its terrible. iv lost every relaitonship i ever had. it just seems hopeless. i want to die so bad. i dont have the strength for any else. my mind is so consumed by loss and fear.. and from years of bottling up my thoughts and emotions..
i dont see myself ever being happy. i wish death was in front of me. and was painless. i wish i had never existed. i want to end the pain. i am consumed with anxiety

I just have to say that first of all you shouldn't feel stupid for this. Don't be ashamed. You're not good enough because you don't want to answer the phone? Nah. You have to keep in mind that you're not wrong for doing something like that. Everyone has phobias. Once you realize that you're not a freak or a weirdo you can start to help yourself.

What you should do is find your closest friend and tell them you're uncomfortable on the phone. Then start trying to talk to them on a regular basis and just them.

Another thing that helped me is to just imagine that you're talking to a machine or a computer. Be aware of the telephone in your hand. Try doing this for very limited times at random times. Sometimes you can make yourself nervous through the anticipation of a call.

At any rate don't think you're any less of a person because you don't like yacking on the phone. There are lot of things to be afraid of in life. You're not wrong you're just different--but hey you're in good company. I've gotten better about phones though just through doing stuff like that. Good luck.

sar_sarz

Oh my god, i thought i was the only crazy who couldnt answer the phone, at my worst the phone ringing almost give me a panic attack!
i wont use a phone unless to call my boyf!

Im glad im not the only one!

i know things seem really bad at the moment but things usually get better, they might get worse before they get better.
you might just have to roll with it, i used to be centre of attention crazy out every weekend now i barely leave the house, aint seen my best mate in a month, its hard at first cos u think you are loosing out.
Dont be too hard on yourself xx

milo001

i can't answer the phone either.i can't even answer the door.i can only make a call if i really have too or the person is really close to me.i'll be nervous if my dad said there's a phonecall for me.SAD sucks.

can you guys please join the forum i just make.we can share our feelings and thoughts about how SAD affect our lives.you can learn about other anxiety as well.i really need members right now.thank you.