Changing your avatar

webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Have you ever wondered what avatars were or how you could create or edit your own personalized avatar? This guide to avatars should help you out.

What's an avatar ?

An avatar is a small image that is displayed below each user's name in topics, just below their rank. Of course if the user has not chosen any avatar, no image will be shown.

What are the different types of avatars ?

On the SensNetwork.com message board, we allow two types of avatars:

Gallery avatars

These are avatars that have already been stored on our server by the message board administrators. They are generic images such as team logos.

Uploaded avatars

These are avatars that you, the user, have chosen, and will upload onto our server.

Avatars are limited in file size and in actual size. Your avatar must be smaller than 80 x 80 pixels in actual size, and its file size must be less or equal than 6 kb.

How can I make my avatar small enough ?

If you have an image that you would like to use as an avatar, but it doesn't fit the avatar restrictions noted above, then you will have to modify the image itself.

The first thing you have to do is to download an image manipulation software program. There are plenty of shareware image manipulators out there, such as Paint Shop Pro.

Next, use this software to open the image you want to use.

If the image is too big in actual size, then you need to resize the image to make it less than or equal to 120 x 120 pixels in size.

If the file size of the image is too big, you will need to optimize the image. You can probably use the same image manipulation software that you used previously, or you can download a different shareware program usually called a GIF optimizer or compressor.

Using this GIF optimizer, you will need to optimize your selected image so that its file size is less than or equal to 12 kb.

How do I select my avatar ?

Click on Profile (there's a link at the top of each page in the message board) and scroll down to the bottom, where you'll see a section called Avatar Control Panel.

Gallery avatars

If you want to use an avatar that is already on the server, choose Select avatar from gallery, and click on Show gallery. You will see all the avatars that the administrators have made available to you. Note that there may be subcategories for this avatar gallery. To change the subcategory that you're viewing, choose the appropriate option in the drop down list called Select category.

Uploading avatars

If you have an avatar on your hard drive, then choose Upload avatar from your machine, click on browse, and select the file corresponding to your desired avatar.

Can I change my avatar ?

Of course ! You can change your avatar at anytime by following the steps I have listed above.

------
That's it ! I hope you'll find this guide useful!

Anonymous

hi webmaster

hi webmaster,

no not really.
is it ok to get avtors froma free site or what.
i was just wondering, becasue there is a link here.
for free animations: http://www.gifanimations.com/

just wondering man like is that all the animations you gave us.

ok

thank you for your time