Compulsive pattern making

P

pixiedark

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to be posting this as i am not sure if i have OCD or not, i would just liek to get some opinions and/or hear from people with similar experiences.

Ever since a very young age i have compulsively made patterns in my head within objects i see around me. The shapes are usually squates or rectangles, eg a windows or television screens but they are also sometimes organic, eg peoples' faces.

The patterns don't manifest themselves visually, i just picture them in my head. There are three patterns i do over and over almost constantly especially when i'm bored and they are at their worst when i am alone and bored.

Even though i have had this habit my whole life i haven't seen it as a problem until recently. I have been having trouble sleeping because my brain wont "switch off" because i can't stop making the patterns inside my head (with my eyes closed, not inside shapes per usual) and i have trouble concentrating and i seem forgetful because when people tell me something i am not listening to what the're saying because i am focusing on the patterns so much, so if they bring up the conversation later i have little to no reccolection of it.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks.

pattern

Oh my god!! ME TOO!! I do the exact same thing. I'm not sure if it's a type of OCD or what it is. It's kind of annoying sometimes. I also see some patterns visually, like sig sags lines through everything, etc. Not sure if this is because of the pattern making or if it's just some other weird thing.