Confuse with CBT methods

charles66

Hello!

The reason I'm posting is that im really confuse about Witch treatment to use for my OCD
ERP only ? CT only ? 4's steps method? ERP with CT and if so do I do the CT before or
after or at the sametime I do ERP?

I mean every ''old'' therapist is telling you to do classic ERP or classic ERP with CT, but they have 100 differents way
to do it ! If you have Harm ocd some therapists tell you to resist compulsion by saying
''yes I will kill my son'' some tell you to think ''I may kill my son'' some say ''just treat it has a tought , its only a tought'' some say '' accept the tought , tell yourself its just ocd and focuse on something else''

I personnaly suffer from a OCD in wich I need to remember insignifiant things and if I don't remember it it give me a LOT of anxiety . I do not ''fear'' nothing or have any obsessions I think.*
I dont' fear ''classic'' ERP at all but I don't see the point to just sit with the anxiety without doing ''nothing'' when I need to remember insignifiants things . I found that when I forgot and I tell my self '' accept you dont remember , its normal
not to remember everything and its only ocd '' it help me a lot to the point that I laught at it and move on . I also find that calming my self and relax while I need to check a lot helped me A LOT but again when you read about ERP they tell you NOT to try relax or calm
down when you obsess and need to check!

I need your help please im confuse cause when I do 4 steps my brain tell me I may not do the right thing and when I try classic ERP my mind tell me the same

Thanks for the help and sharring me your experience with different method!

when you do not remember try to sit with the anxiety until it subsides. create worst case scenarios and your head. what is the worst thing that will happen if you don't remember insignificant things? then sit with that thought until the anxiety subsides. maybe you are having mental rituals which are similar to physical compulsions.