Coping with sp at school or work. Q.

AsPerIn

Hello, does your social phobia interfere with school or work? Has anyone ever overcome sp? Thanks!

jesuschristschild

hello, and yes......i have over come SP....through Jesus Christ.....the closer i get to him, the farther i get from this

and yes it affected my work and school....i remember sitting in class all alone

i couldnt communicate properly, and when girls would flirt with me id be offended thinking they were doing something else...or else id just fail at entertaining them...and when guys would talk to me, id end up offending them

i was known as the guy that sits with his head on his desk and doesnt talk to anyone

i left school for that reason......when i went to work, this girl that was there.....it always felt like she was staring at me, i almost killed myself because of the pain thinking she was staring at me....it always felt like she was, and my neck would hurt sooooo much from the tension,

6 hours at work, would feel like i worked 30 or more hours at how well im doing now

every day i wanted to break down and cry, now i barely watch the clock until the last hour lol

well thats me

much love to you

AsPerIn

Sounds just like me.

Wow, it is so strange hearing that. I feel that way, and have felt that for many years. Call me "social outcast". How did your relationship with Jesus Christ help you overcome sp? I am in such a struggle, my heart has sunk down into my feet. I just don't socialize on a physical level anymore, i barely leave my house, not for any social event anyway. I was thinking of joining a selfhelp group. I need to break these social barriors if i want any kind of career or normal lifestyle. Any info or ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

jesuschristschild

well i found out God was real when i experienced a demonic spirit, and me and 2 of my friends seen it, and more experienced it

well i always knew "give me proof and i will serve the Lord".....i didnt believe he existed, but the day i found out i got really scared because i was far from Godly

but anyway, over time of seeking his will, i learned how to develop a relationship with him....in the bible i read all his words, and i lean on him...like i give him my heart like i used to give it to girls...i love him genuinly, and praise him(we praise girls, its a form of trusting) well i praise him from the depths of my heart....and when i do an extreme comfort comes over me...and when i prayer "Lord i put my heart mind and soul in your hands" i imagine myself just falling in his arms, i have ultimate faith that im in his hands, then all the sudden its like im soo much stronger inside, and my thoughts just seem to bring all i need to know

like for one "worrying is the primary cause of anxiety".....i pray to the Lord to give me strength not to worry, and i feel a warmth in my heart....then when i dont worry, its like my heart isnt attatched to what people think...and i couldnt careless if i got anyone because I KNOW i got the REAL almighty GOD with me....

ive never ever prayed with faith and it not come true.....God has done so many wonderful things for me

im not on any meds but my daily dose of the bible....and Jesus Christ is the most awesome person ive ever known...i love him with all my heart

and im trying to build a relationship more and more with him....

i believe he only let me know he existed because he knew i would come to him, though i know people that know he exists and still dont come to him

i just for one fear hell and for 2 want to know why im here.....and im actually starting to get it

my techniques i use to overcome the fears come from thoughts after i give my thoughts to Jesus "dont worry" "love and respect people, and humble yourself around them" the old testiment in proverbs states "those who are humbled will be exalted and those who are exalted will be humbled" also says "before a man falls, his heart is proud"......i also keep Jesus's person close to my heart....my social phobia was a demon.....demons are stronger then us, because they are fallin angels....but after i got saved i felt the holy spirit enter me....its better then any drug or anything ive ever felt.....its like a burst of optimism...and well anyway, i still sinned and was working sin off so the holy spirit left me....and when i gave my heart fully to Jesus i felt the holy spirit enter into me again, and its like a fountain of life that goes through my whole body...it gives me the strength to stop my sins, but i gotta keep praying

anyway....."pride is a sin" which is the pride of "thinking your a better person because you did something as opposed to just loving yourself".....worrying is a sin....its a form of doubt.....hating is a horrible sin.....i love everyone, because i know God made them all so i enjoy their soul....the second you love someone you have a different understanding of the bad things they do.....its awesome to love

much love to everyone YALL ARE AWESOME YAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAHAHA

AMEN

hope this helped

JESUS IS LORD FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

AsPerIn

I am Christian, and i feel i am slipping. I have come to feel very separated from the church and weep constantly. I barely know God the Father. I have been struggling with this fast which i have committed to. 10 weeks, Proverbs daily. the whole reason, to find a purpose for my life, and overcome certain strongholds in my life. One thing i have learned in my walk is God gave his people the authority to overcome. Most of us just haven't learned that yet. Thanks for your story, great testimony. God Bless.

jesuschristschild

remember the Lord said "dont resent my rebuke because i punish the ones that i love"

well the truth is that, not only does he give us authority to overcome, but he truely overcomes in us

study Jesus's word, you should be able to "hear his voice" as he said..(his personality)....forget about everyone in your life...God needs to be number one....i dont know if you are saved or not....but believe Gods word where Jesus said in john 6:44 - No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:39 - and this is the Fathers will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me should i lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

if you go to Christ, you will in "no wise be cast out" he will accept all that come to him.....so i dont know if your saved but when you truely get your sins forgiven, the holy spirit should come inside of you and you should hear Jesus's voice.....Jesus said "the father looks for those who worship in spirit and in truth".....thats not people just standing around singing songs, or whatever....or bowing down....thats knowing God as a person......Jesus said "i and the father are one" "none of the words i say are mine but the one who sent me, he told me what to say and how to say it".....Jesus Christ is God in human form.....so like Jesus said "he who honors the son honors the father who sent him"........

Basically just get saved(im not saying your not, i dont know), read Jesus words and get to know his personality....and love him like a real person....God is a person not a robot, many people confuse that

and when you truely love Gods person (put your heart out for him)....he will do it back and he will carry you

God is God.....number one in our life is our God....so just make sure hes number one

im just giving a lil food for thought

much love to you

Dill

I feel that Christians are the best people to be around when you have social phobia. I have noticed that they don't judge and they accept people for who they are. They truly make me feel like im one there brother.

I actually know look forward to Church as i don't need to feel uncomfortable or worry about anything because people make me feel so at home

YOU CHURCH PEOPLE ROCK!!!!! :D

ShadowCat

AsPerIn said:
Hello, does your social phobia interfere with school or work? Has anyone ever overcome sp? Thanks!

Yes, but it hasn't affected my grades. It just makes me feel awful at school. I'm becoming more confident, so maybe this year at school will be better.

Fighter86

I have been to church- used to be a christian before being diagnoised as having SA. But no, it wasn't the SA that made me left church. I had always felt left out at church. I was the kid that no one bothered to ask about if I wasn't present at sunday school, the kid that sits alone at the back of sunday class, no one really bothered to talk to me, no one cared, really. Except maybe for 1 or 2 of the sunday school teachers, out of like 5 or 6. So imagine how I felt. So nope, I cannot understand why christians can be better people than the everage person on the street. I have met some pretty fake people who r christians. No offence to christians out there. 'k? I am juz stating things the way I experienced them...meybe there r actually some nice christians out there that I haven met :wink:

Back to the original topic as posted by AsPerIn. Yes, SA has interfered with my studies & part time work on many occasions. So much so that I am now not in school, nor am I employed...

AsPerIn

I went to a really baaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddd Christian school when i was younger, yes, it was hell. That school damaged a lot of the students. I was judged alot by peers and those in authority. I know how some of these communities can be. The one thing i do know, is that you have to roll with the punches. It took me a long time to forgive all those people that hurt me. The most important thing you can do is learn to forgive and let go of those situations. It takes a long time, but in the end it is worth it. Unforgiveness can ware a person down. Some people and even some Christians tend to separate themselves kind of like a social hierarchy, and if sometimes you don't fit the mold..... well you know where i'm going with this. It happens, but you have to rise above that. we shouldn't have to look to other people for acceptance. This is why people need jesus Christ to look to becuase his love and acceptance is infinite. Well, thats just my thing.