Dla

peedieloner

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody is claiming DLA for Agoraphobia? I also have depression quite bad. I got my decision today though I was only diagnosed with Agoraphobia last week and it didn't reflect this and the fact that I hadn't seen my doc in a while as too scared to leave the flat. So, they said no (DLA), a bit upset, but what I was wondering is, would it be worth it to phone them on Monday and tell them or admit defeat?

Thank you for your help.

Amanda S

FOR REAL

Banned
dont admit defeat :)
i get the lowest rate of DLA which is roughly £33 a week.
if you get refused it, just keep applying and if you have to go to a tribunal, i would advise you get represented by someone from the citizens advice, they actually go with you
in my experience, if you keep on filling in the forms, what happens is that they eventually get bored and then give you what your entitled too.

someone else said that they took a solicitor with them to the tribunal, i never had to do that, bur maybe you should look into that.

my tribunal was pretty informal, it was just like a chat really, its not like going to court or anything.

i think it took about a year for me to win that battle, but the money gets back dated to when you first applied

Pink_Paula

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody is claiming DLA for Agoraphobia? I also have depression quite bad. I got my decision today though I was only diagnosed with Agoraphobia last week and it didn't reflect this and the fact that I hadn't seen my doc in a while as too scared to leave the flat. So, they said no (DLA), a bit upset, but what I was wondering is, would it be worth it to phone them on Monday and tell them or admit defeat?

Thank you for your help.

Amanda S

I get DLA for agoraphobia amongst other things. I think you should definitely keep hounding them until you get the right answer from them.

AimeeSP

Dont give up! I get the lowest amount of DLA, which isn't much at all but it's something eh. :)

peedieloner

Thank you peeps :) I'm going to phone tomorrow, I have an inkling they talked to my old doctor who I haven't seen in a while (she laughed at me when I asked her about something and ever since didn't like her!). Hoping they can sort it out. It would take so much off of our shoulders finance wise and stop me from feeling bad :) the C.A.B did the form for me as one of the guys there is a family friend of the in-laws and knows my situation health wise and very patient!
Sorry for blabbling on, I don't see many people these days apart from the hubby and he's asleep just now (he works nights).

Sending everybody hugs x