Do i have a social anxiety disorder?

nlockwood

hey was just wondering if i should see someone about my shyness. Its not as if i isolate myself in my house i just hate being around people who arn't friends (i only have a few). When in a public place i feel as though everyone is looking at me and mocking me and has got to the point where i worry about going to even the smallest shops. when i sit in Assembly at school (even if im with my friends) i feel as though people are looking at me and i start to sweat, i have been told i go red sometimes, my temperature seems to rise and my body stiffens and jolts slightly.

i avoid all social gathering, even those with just my friends because i just can't socialize. I don't know what to talk about and feel as though the things i would say they would make fun of me. i am just the one who fade into the background to try and avoid embarrassment.

i now get home and spend most of my time upstairs by myself, i will occasionally hang out with a couple of close friends who i feel comfortable around. alcohol also seems to help a bit but being 16 i don't drink that often.

i have probably missed a couple of things but you can probably get the idea. just wondering if anyone can suggest my next steps?????

Etbow23

I'd say that you do have some social anxiety. Perhaps you can find a therapist who specializes in social anxiety? As for now, you can post on the forum to see how other people with the same problem cope.

x Will x

You probably have near enough the same level of anxiety as I do and although you do hang out with close friends, you do have anxiety to the point where you find it debilitating. its a good idea to see someone about it, for me they were much more helpful than I expected.

Amitush123

It depends how you feel. You mentioned having a couple of close friends, which is fantastic, you do not have to have millions of friends...it all comes down about you feel about it