Do you ever open your Blinds/Curtains..??

redneck

It's been a few months with my curtains closed. I do not feel like opening them due to the fact that too many passers-by were looking in my direction before. It really pissed me off. I need some privacy. At the same time I open my window on a regular basis, just to let some fresh air in.

Doomed2Die

I have my blinds closed all-the-time, when family or friends spend extended amounts of time in my room I open them. Oddly enough I think im paranoid someone is watching. As for windows, I open one or two most of the time depending on how cold it is and how many bugs are in the air (HATE. bugs.).

nosblob

Never ever, it terrifies me when I lived with my grandma in an apartment and people walked buy even though I had thick black drapes. I won't open the window during the summer even if I'm dying of heat.

October

I rarely have my curtains open, I prefer the dark and daylight often feels very confronting to me. Maybe it's like creating my own reality here with the doors locked and blinds drawn?
I also tend to sleep during the day and stay up all night, I walked the town the other night at 3am and it was deserted and lovely. Of course, I felt like shit the entire time! :lol:

No, I actually don't. Whenever I go into a room I always makes sure ALL the curtains completely cover the windows all the way, just to make sure no one can see. I also have to close all the doors ALL the way so that I can hear the door opening, that way I will be prepared and know somebody is coming in.

SilentStranger

My blinds & curtains stay closed most of the time. During weekdays I don't open them at all.

I want to open them. I like the bright light coming in. It makes me feel better. I keep them closed mainly because I think people can see into my living and bed rooms. Hmm sometimes I wish I could afford a better place to live.

Lately I have been making an effort to open them during weekends, when there is enough light... which is not much as I sleep late and wakeup late during weekends.

-SS

Columba

rarely. only if the sky is grey and it is raining. if the sun is out, i can't bare it. it's as if i can see what i am missing out on. i imagine all of the smiles, and laughter that others are experiencing. i can't look at snowy days either, they are too beautiful.

Avoidance

Yeah me too sadly, blinds shut lights off. I have a huge bay window in my living room with no blinds or curtains (it's not my house) at night with the lights on I feel like I'm on a stage, I can feel the whole neighborhood looking at me. Yeah Im not a big fan of that room, especially at night, when I have journey through the room I’m usually like a Ninja running for the shadows lol.

Strangely if it is raining I am fine. It could even be storming with thunder and lighting with the tornado sirens blaring and I feel more at peace then ever. Not sure why maybe because I feel like everyone else is inside?

kuze

No, I dont like the idea of ppl seeing me inside, the reason I'm inside is to find sanctuary, I dont want to have that disturbed.

Domino

I used to be like this, I would go out of my way and tack the heaviest blanket I could find over my window. That way, I'd loose track of time, I'd be oblivious to the weather, and what was going on outside.

Things have changed a bit though, I make sure to open blinds each morning, and peek out and see what the day has in store. Even if I'm not in the greatest mood. I rather take the good and the bad now, instead of blocking one side completely out. It has helped, and has to some extent let me know who is in charge, instead of the other way around.

Nikka003

I wish i lived in a house made of window walls with no roof! The only reason why i close my blinds is to prevent the sun from overheating my little room, but i mostly have them open all day and especially at night. My only window faces the East so I get the full sun effect and Moon effect. I dont mind being watch.

gdg21

oh yes i experience this alot, the blinds in my room are almost always shut...

and if it isn't for my parents opening them back up constantly, i close every blind i see in the living rooms and stuff because i always think people can see through the house which is really true if you step outside to look at it.

but yea i def relate lol.

w*n*c*a*m

LOL! I thought i'm the only person like this. :p I really want my room to be always dark. My dad is reallly concerned about the shutted windows because he said that there's no proper ventilation. I'm not afraid of sunlight or anything but I don't usually turn on the lights in my room. The light coming from the monitor is good enough for me. And when I sleep, I want my room to be totally dark! I'm the type of person who gets happy when there's a blackout at night! (yeah! I know, it's weird) Plus I also look pale, I was even teased that I'm a vampire.

But the reason why i really like it is because I find this kind of environment VERY relaxing, especially when I'm listening to my IPOD. It feels like I'm in my own world and nothing could bother me.