Doctor thing again

Scottish_Player

Has anyone ever went to the doctor and told them that they have social anxiety rather than the doctor telling you that you have social anxiety,if so how did they react to what you told them?

Chilling__Echo

i went in with the hypothesis that i had it and i told her my symptoms, she asked me some questions and said "you've diagnosed yourself correctly". i was afraid she'd tell me i didn't have it or that i was just looking for an excuse for being shy and afraid to work and go to school :roll: :) have you seen anybody about it scottish?

Danfalc

Banned
Scottish_player we seem to be going over this quite a lot :wink:
But i do understand mate how tough its gonna be for you to go, ive already suggested what you should say so ill just explain what happend with me.

(okay so i made the appointment got in there ect...)

Doctor- Hello,how are you and what can i help you with?
Me-(majorly nervous) h--h-hello, umm im not too good to be honest
Doctor-Oh i see, well what seems to be the problem?
Me-Well im not sure to be honest im just not coping with things at all
( i didnt know i had sa at the time)
Doctor-Okay,can you tell me why you cant cope at the moment what seems to be causing the problem?
Me- Well im really nervous and on edge all the time

After that the doctor pretty much took over and asked me questions about why i feel nervous and how long had i been like that for,He gave me meds right after that appointment(anti anxiety meds).And he asked me come back every 2 weeks,Which i did, and each time id tell him a bit more and he would ask a bit more and so on, then when the meds wernt working he figured it probaly wasnt just general nervousness, and refered me to a shrink (consultant) where i got diagnosed with sp.

Sorry for the long post mate, hope its helped you in that you might know what to expect now, and look if you want to ask any more questions fire away, we all need a little reasurance sometimes :wink:

Scottish_Player

Chilling__Echo said:
have you seen anybody about it scottish?

iam going on monday the 13th this month,iam not realy looking forward to it,i am not sure if i should just come out and say i think i have SA/SP or start of with the symptoms i have and how i just dont like being around people and well you know the rest... and then let him take it from there.

I know there is no point to me getting a big story ready as i will just forget it as soon as i go in thats why i want to get my introduction (if thats what you call it :roll: ) right then hopefuly he would take it from then on by asking the questions.

Scottish_Player

Danfalc said:
and look if you want to ask any more questions fire away, we all need a little reasurance sometimes :wink:

cheers Dan i will probably take you up on that in the next few days :)

Scottish_Player

[quote="Danfalc
ps. your avatar is so f*****g cool :lol:[/quote]

cheers :D

if i get a choice in my next life of what i can come back as then hopufully that will be me :wink:

Danfalc

Banned
Yeah would be pretty cool to be a white tiger i guess, just cos you like the look of them? :?: Or the fact that tigers are "well ard" and you could munch enough stuff? :lol:

Id be a snake personaly :)

Scottish_Player

Danfalc said:
just cos you like the look of them? :?: Or the fact that tigers are "well ard" and you could munch enough stuff? :lol:

I do like the look of them,they seem so laid back 8) but when the occasion comes to handle themselve the do it no problem,they just walk about so gracefully and confidentley .i would probaly be the only vegiterian lion though :lol: not that iam a vegiterian just that i dont have it in me to kill something :p

Why a snake if you dont mind me asking :) ?

Danfalc

Banned
A vegitarian lion??? *cracks up laughing* thats like ummmm...... a vampire having a phobia about blood.

And why a snake, well im a little obssessed with them to be honest, i have a tattoo of a snake on each arm, i just like the look of them, plus even a "well ard" tiger knows not to mess with a snake cos one bite off a cobra and thats night night mr tiger :wink: