Does anyone els do these two things?

LockieKermit

does anyone els find they have a friggen running commentry in there heads when there doing something.
I could be talking to someone and theres a running commentry anaylising the situation. For me, it seems that the commentry is like "Was that a normal thing to do? Do normal people say that, am I being me, or acting like someone different, !@$% why am I even caring about this, I must be crazy""

It annoying when I go to sleep aswell and it's just words, memories, quotes etc all just pop into my head and I cant sleep for ages.

Lastly. This morning, which freaked me out is I woke up after having a barley memorable dream about a show I've watched the last few days (for christmas) and as soon as I woke up I had thoughts on it, and again, just this jumbled mess of images, scenes and quotes then I snapped out of it back to reality and I got freaked out as I think I must be getting delusional. Im always watching sc-fi shows and the like thinking what if I was there, wearing the a specific colour hat like that certain character wears.

I have no idea what the point is im getting at, just your thoughts on this I suppose.
If it helps I'm 16

Overload

Last night, I was up pretty late as I was finishing up Stephen King's The Dead Zone. As I was dozing off to sleep, I was having random phrases and scenes from the book run though my mind. Even in the morning, on the boundary between being awake and asleep, there was a jumble of sentences that made absolutely no sense running through my mind, and they had the "feel" of the book, if that makes any sense.

I have that inner dialogue a lot. I think it's the voice of the anxiety/insecurities/whatever is bothering us. We have to learn to ignore that voice. It won't be instantaneous, but it gradually loses power over time, as long as you stop feeding it.

3lefts

Inner commentary? Normal. How about a inner narrative?
This bothers me more. I'll somehow start narrating everything I'm doing, or tell a story as if I'm telling it to someone all in my mind. Derived form lonesome? Maybe.
When you go to sleep and thoughts are racing, that is very common for everyone. It's because there is nothing to distract your mind so it goes to everything you know you think about but want to avoid..
And I do not think you are delusional if you are aware of it. Sleep is tricky like that. Often it mixes with reality and if you are involved in something like that show, it just happens.
Being normal doesn't matter. What matters is that you are ohk.

sunboy400

Sure same thing happens to me.I'm talking or doing something and my inner mind just keeps running commentary or questioning me.

JamesSmith

Sadly, you and a many people on this site just need to accept that we are abnormal. Like when you are worrying about whether stuff you said is abnormal, you need to understand that you will do and say things that are abnormal. Do you know how abnormal I am? Lol. I have no friends and am unemployed and am a 26 year old virgin. You don't get much more abnormal than that. Trust me, there have been numerous times where I was the weird, outcast in the room. What is so bad about being unusual anyways? Is there some law that says we have to talk as much as other people? Is there some rule that says we need to say "normal" things like they do? No there isn't, we have the right be ourselves. If that's not good enough for these other people than that's their problem to deal with, not ours. They are being themselves....and so are we.

krs2snow

Yes, all the time. Its a little known word called Anxiety. Anxiety is what's causing u to worry about every little detail and think u might be crazy. Find someone to talk to. A lot of what ur going thru is normal for ur age. The worst thing u can do to treat anxiety is to hide from it or pretend its not there when it is. Tell someone what ur feeling and look for help. Operate on the assumption that what ur feeling IS normal rather than feeling akward and shy about it. Bcuz it is normal! And very common. Pple just don't talk about it and thats why it becomes a bigger problem. Tell someone u trust how ur feeling and let them help u find help.

Sadly, you and a many people on this site just need to accept that we are abnormal....

Im sorry, but thats really bad advice. Bcuz u are not ABnormal, u just are. I'm sure u mean well but u are differentiating urself from others and determining that ur not well, not normal. That just isn't true. Ur here, just like every other person on the planet is at this moment and ur as normal as they are. Normal" is only a spectrum- not a defined point. Ur on one end of the spectrum or the other or maybe somewhere in-between but it's all normal.

StrandedTangle

I often feel that I can be 'outside myself' and watching a situation I'm involved in, play out. This happens during stressful situations a lot. It's a weird feeling; being able to observe yourself from a third person perspective. And question what's occurring at the same time too.

Kiwong

I have inner commentary and I am creating worst case scenarios to feel paranoid about.

JamesSmith

Im sorry, but thats really bad advice. Bcuz u are not ABnormal, u just are. I'm sure u mean well but u are differentiating urself from others and determining that ur not well, not normal. That just isn't true. Ur here, just like every other person on the planet is at this moment and ur as normal as they are. Normal" is only a spectrum- not a defined point. Ur on one end of the spectrum or the other or maybe somewhere in-between but it's all normal.

I think you think it's bad advice because it doesn't sound "nice" and "positive." Not all advice is going to be hunky-dory. The truth is many people on this website have social anxiety disorder, and that makes us different than most other people. We are different than most people because of our social defect, and social life is a very big deal in life. All humans really have is other people, so when SAD people can't or don't connect w/ others on a consistent basis, that is a huge deal and is abnormal. What you are trying to say is that we all are human beings, which is true. What I am saying is that we are different human beings than most people from a social aspect. I don't see how I'm giving bad advice, I'm trying to get the OP to understand who they are as a person. The first step to recovering from a problem is realizing you have that problem. It's kind of like an alcoholic trying to recover from being an alcoholic. If the alcoholic doesn't understand that they have a problem that is hurting them, then they will never take action to recover from their problem.

LockieKermit

Ok anxiety is a serotonin imblanace in the brain. Yes, it's not really normal but all it is really is a chemical imbalance. If you fix the anxiety, the balance goes back to 'normal'
If you keep treating yourself as abnormal, you will never get better.

JamesSmith

Ok anxiety is a serotonin imblanace in the brain. Yes, it's not really normal but all it is really is a chemical imbalance. If you fix the anxiety, the balance goes back to 'normal'
If you keep treating yourself as abnormal, you will never get better.

It's muscle tension that starts anxiety. It's impossible to get rid of anxiety if you don't get rid of muscle tension. It's the fact that we are tense that makes our brain not function like relaxed people's brain. The tense muscles explain the serotonin imbalance.

And it doesn't matter if you treat yourself as abnormal or not, if you don't learn to relax your muscles like most people's muscles are, you will never get better. Positive thinking is not as powerful as you think.