Does anyone ever experience Depression

planemo

As far as I know, depression and anxiety are quite closely linked, as one usually leads to the other. Perhaps your treatment may be making you feel, a little out of control of something. OCD is your way of controlling certain things which bring about distress. If you feel you might lose such control, it may perhaps make you feel a little down. Also as you say you feel hopeless. undoing your habits brought about by anxiety seems almost impossible to cure, and perhaps you feel you may not be able to overcome it. This is natural though, but in time you will realise that your habits and feelings can be changed for the better. Best of luck, I hope it goes well.

lyricalliaisons

Yes, I've experienced very deep depression before, with suicidal thoughts, and most of it was caused by my anxiety. The only thing that helps me is medication but most/a lot of people can benefit greatly from a good therapist/psychologist.

OCDd

yea i do, i have ocd, depression, and anxiety and my depression is from my ocd. it will get better, are you taking any meds, and you just have to find something that you look forward to everyday. Good luck!:)

EscapeArtist

Yes, although I don't have OCD, so I cannot relate in that aspect. If anything my social anxiety comes out of my depression, not the other way around. I think there are a lot of people who are depressed. May I ask if anybody here is NOT depressed? I'd love to hear how you stay away from it with having all of this anxiety

The term "depressed" is bandied about a fair bit these days. So then if most people (on this site anyway) classify themselves as being "depressed", then we need to separate the varying types of it, by way of degree of such.

Currently i am not severly/clinically depressed (which is depression of the worse degree). But many days i am "right on the edge" between being at least a bit "depressed" (of the clinical kind) & "feeling okay" (which for me is being in a kind of neutral/sterile/dythymic state).

How i manage this i guess has taken many years to master. But anti-depressants & anti-anxiety medication certainly do help to keep me out of the danger zone. I try to keep my mind constantly busy with working on projects, which helps to pacify my nerves/anxieties. Also binging of comfort/junk foods most days. And alcohol binges: done 3 binges for last 3 consecutive nights, and last night had a MAMMOTH 9 hr rock-music binge (ending about 8am this morning!!!). The things i do to stay sane, i don't know...

ebot

Yes I too have experienced depression and take medication for it. Celexa keeps me from tearing up and sleeping all day.

jaim38

I am depressed now, because I don't know how I can stop a guy from leaving me alone even after I told him so many times to! I don't love him, we're not friends and I don't want to be friends with him because he'll think he has a chance with me, he thinks that friendship can lead to love but I told him that he's certainly not my type and I don't love him. It's driving me nuts. We are just not meant to be. I want to cry because I don't know how I can get him to give up and leave me alone, stop interfering in my life.

Last edited:

Zak

Ya I think depression is something that comes bundled with these types of disorders. It's like: hey are you feeling bad about being a lunatic? Here's something to help you feel even worse! Lol I'm just kidding, but I really do feel like that some days. I know deep down that getting depressed about something only makes things worse, but I've found it very difficult these past few years to stay positive. Side note: if I ride my bike that helps!

Does anyone else have any tips on kicking depression in the nutsack? Because I think it would be beneficial to share any of our experience of dealing with the downer that is depression.

P.S. I was not calling anyone but myself a lunatic, my persistent inner monologue is pretty mean sometimes... also I'm using nutsack as a metaphor. That would definitely be a first.

- Zak