Don't play the 'Social Code Society' game

Doby

If you have social phobia, then stay away from the Social Code Society game. It will just mess you up. They make it sound like they are giving you a service, but they want to control your mind. I tell you, just stay away.

Mandy

I've heard of it. A friend of mine was playing it and I think he got pretty passionate about it. So, what's your point?

Doby

It's an online game that is not very well known and difficult to find on the Internet. If you start to play it they imbed their code into your PC, but their ultimate objective is to program your mind.

Mandy

Are you sure? I just called my friend and he said some programmers got the idea from the novel and made a similar game. He said the features are quite basic, nothing like what you find in the novel.

Mandy

I've been trying to track down my friend, but he had to go to a family Christmas party. I met him through a game-clan, and as I play online games, I'd like to know more about this game and the novel. He does game testing for Microsoft and other companies. If I get a link from him, I'll post it here.

Mandy

Unfortunately my friend won't give me the link, as he said it is a test-game running on something called "Intranet" of some gaming company. I did find the book and author, Social Code by Cass Tell at www.casstell.com. It looks interesting, something for Internet users, but with "psychological undertones", about internet addiction and dependence, so they say. I'll get a copy and read it, and then give some feedback.

FruitLooPs

Mandy said:
Unfortunately my friend won't give me the link, as he said it is a test-game running on something called "Intranet" of some gaming company.

Intranets incase you're interested are like a localised internet on a network. So if a large organisation or building was networked they might run some webpages and other services accessible by others in the local network - not to the outside users from the internet and such.

It sounds like in its current stage there is no link for this to be downloaded, its probably still in beta testing stage or so at the place thats developing it.

Sounds rather interesting though all the same. :D

Mandy

Thanks. I kinda wondered what 'Intranet' was. My friend is now denying that the game exists or is even inside this Intranet thing. He said he signed something called a 'Non Disclosure Agreement' and he can't really talk about it. He's acting very strange.

Anonymous

NDA is basically a legally binding contract, where the signing party agrees to keep all information secret from 3rd parties. Sounds like there won't be any more leaked info on this - but besides.. psychological games at microsoft.. come on..

Anonymous

Mandy said:
Thanks. I kinda wondered what 'Intranet' was. My friend is now denying that the game exists or is even inside this Intranet thing. He said he signed something called a 'Non Disclosure Agreement' and he can't really talk about it. He's acting very strange.

He's not acting strange; he's trying to keep his job. Signing one of those means that he can be fired and sued for telling you about this game. Don't ask him any more questions.