Drysol on the scalp?

AmyNC

I'm so excited! I have a brand new prescription for Drysol because I have major issues with HH...mainly the scalp and face. So far, I've only used it twice and I've noticed a huge improvement!

Two questions, though:

1. It seems especially hard to get out of the hair. I washed it out first thing yesterday and let my hair towel dry, as instructed but it wasn't until later that evening and after three washings in the shower that my hair was back to normal. It was sort of "sticky", as if I had too much hair product in it. I am NOT complaining because I seriously have a new lease on life...seriously. I was able to go out on date night with my husband last night and not start the evening melting...and walking around in NC at night is no joke! It got up to 96 yesterday, I think.

2. Has anyone ever used it on their face? I really tend to sweat a lot on my upper lip. The hair thing was the biggest embarassment, so if that's the only relief I get, cool. (Pardon the pun.)

bigchris

Hey Amy,

I personally have never used Drysol, but I have Anhydrol Forte which is basically the same thing I believe. I had the idea around possibly a year ago to use it on my forehead. I used it for the first time and the first night was extremely itchy and irritating and I got little sleep, after that night though my forehead was completely dry for literally around 2 weeks. Now, although I haven't used it much recently, I may have a dud batch of the anti perspirant or I have built up resistance, 1 night leaves me dry but not completely, but I am still happy with it working.

Good luck with everything, hope I've helped. :)

WetDawg

I have a related question. My HH is scalp, forehead and neck. I use Secure 3% pads in the morning. I have short hair, and can wipe down my affected area with one pad. Results have been fair, but not great.

Why must Drysol be applied at night with shower cap......? Is there a reason I could not apply it like I apply Secure wipes, let it dry, and go about my day?

I KNOW I respond well to Drysol, as it eliminated my axillary HH many years ago.

Sprawling

It's recommended for night application when your body is most dry and can be more effective in the morning

WetDawg

Re: Drysol on the scalp / Update

Yesterday, I applied the Drysol "mild" formulation to my forehead and scalp, then sat under a ceiling fan to let it dry. I did this in the morning, and did not bother with the shower cap routine. My observations:

1. I have short hair, which eases this process, but my hair was wet for about 5-6 minutes.

2. When dry, I went about my day. I did not leak one drop sweat at lunch or dinner, which was a 100% proposition previously. I hauled some heavy boxes from my office to my truck, about 100 yards. An appropriate amount of sweat leaked on my back, but not a drop from the neck up!!

3. Dry Mouth, but not as dry as the 3% Secure pads gave me.

4. This stuff ALSO seriously dries hair. I shampooed this AM, and my clean hair, though wet, felt tacky and dry!! I applied some conditioner, and my hair softened.

5. The 3% secure pads are FIRED!!! Drysol is my HERO!!!

WetDawg

Day Three Update on Mild Drysol to scalp and forehead:

This morning, approximately 24 hrs after last applying drysol to my fat head, I prepared a very spicy breakfast (eggs scrambled with serrano chili peppers). In the past, this would have precipitated a downpour. I wanted to test the limits of this topical med.

As I ate, I could feel little tingles, as if nerves were sending signals to sweat glands, but I remained dry. About 30 minutes after eating, while buzzing around my kitchen cleaning/unloading dishwasher, etc., I got a few raindrops from just above my hairline.

I consider this a major success.

Day Four underway. all is dry so far.

WetDawg

On Day 10 Now. More intel to share:

1. I did not use Drysol on my scalp/forehead this past weekend. I worked in my garden for a few hours each day, and sweat profusely from scalp/forehead. I think this tells me the mild formulation of Drysol is an every-day application, if I want a dry head.

2. Today is a work day, so I did my morning Drysol application. 78 degrees and raining here in Austin. 100% humidity. Outside for 20 minutes or so at lunch, and I felt a few drops of sweat form on my brow. Without the Drysol, I would have needed a towel.

3. The heat/humidity is just starting. I may experiment with the medium Drysol formulation on head/scalp. The mild stuff works, and has not caused any skin irritation. But Austin tops 100 degrees 35-40 days each summer, and I make frequent trips to Houston, which is a steambath.

Stay tuned....