Drysol vs. Hypercare vs. Xerac for facial sweating

almavera

Hello all-

I've been reading along for a while, but this is my first post. I've been a really heavy face and head sweater all my life. I was born in one humid state, and my family moved to another one when I was a little kid. Finally, in my 30's, I moved out West. It helped a lot, but I still have a lot of face and head sweating if I'm dancing or something like that in a warm environment, or working outside. And...dancing is one of my favorite things to do, both as a workout and socially.

It's not so bad in the gym, even though I am always sweating much more than everyone else, I just bring a towel and people just think I'm having a good workout.

But when my face literally dripping on my dance partner, and my hair is soaking wet? :eek:mg:

I don't know why I didn't think of this years ago, but my ex was in commission sales and would have terrible anxiety-induced sweating under his arms. His doctor gave him Drysol and it was a miracle for him. I never thought about using it on my face. I was desperate one night at a dance and tried a max strength OTC anti-perspirant and it worked about 20 minutes.

I don't have the best Rx insurance, so I figured I'd have to order from Canada, but lo and behold, my insurance covers Xerac 6.25% solution (and will even let me get a 90-day mail order supply, so it's a little cheaper per day), and Drysol 20% and Hypercare 20%. They would rather people take generics, of course, so the Hypercare is super cheap.

Since I already know this problem is really severe, and seems to be focused mainly on my scalp and face, I would like your opinion on jumping right to the Hypercare 20%, or should I start with the Xerac first? If I do start with the Xerac, how long do I give it before I realize it's not working and I should hit the 20%?

Have any women here used these products -- how do they combine with facial moisturizers and make-up? If I apply the AC solution before bedtime, then wash my face when I get up, should I just apply facial moisturizer and make-up as usual? Does it increase sensitivity to the sun like some meds do?

Thank you in advance for your help and for sharing your stories. I really hope one of these things will work. Someone I'm in a fairly new relationship with is coming to stay over Labor Day weekend. I'd like to have this a bit under control by then. I don't want to freak him out. :shyness: