Energy drinks boasting Vitamin B

mrblack

I know yall will say put this in the drugs forum, but I am curious if these energy supplements have any increase in energy, or give you a buzz that makes you a bit hyper and can calm you and makey ou talk with someone with less effort than if you had not drank one.

Lately i've been drinking red bulls and Monster (16 oz!) like one a day to study for some tests, and it tends to keep me alert.

Both drinks contain vitamin B (b6 and b12) in sufficient amounts ( i hear these are also used in some medications for people with S.A?) which I hear good things about..someone drop their insights.

sorry for any unclarity. I am tired now.

Scottish_Player

I used to drink redbull before, i do go back to now and again when iam wrecked but iam not sure it realy does anything,ive drank 3 cans together and to be honest i dont think it made much diffrnce to me. :roll:

*away to the shop now to get some redbull :D *

Crimefish

I take vitamin B in supplement form. I think if I took it in an energy drink, the jittery-ness from the drink would cancel out any relief I got from the vitamin.
And yes, my SA has improved, but I can't swear it was because of the vit B.

mrblack

i just bought the supplement form today. wish me luck. it should take a montth before the placebo effect kicks in

clairet

High energy drinks just make me more nervous and edgy. I'm best steering away from that kind of stuff.

Lettuce is meant to have a good calming effect on the body (not really gonna help with prompting social interactions tho) and the Omega 3 fish oil is meant to be great for depression. I've started that...

Makaylee

I am a big believer in vitamin B. I've read in several books that it can help reduce anxiety.

I know firsthand though, that if you have any weird tingling sensations, or numbness, or tiredness while anxious, it definately helps get rid of those sensations. It definately helps me.

When I first started taking a vitamin B-complex, I felt a little jittery, but that stops quickly and you really can feel the difference.

Here is a part of an article from http://chetday.com/vitaminbdeficiencies.html

"VITAMIN B COMPLEX DEFICIENCY:
MAJOR CAUSES

Vitamin B complex comprises a number of vitamins that exist as a family. They should not be taken individually. In this modern era, millions of people suffer from a deficiency of vitamin B for several reasons, chief among which are:

Stress: emotional, physical and spiritual

Processed foods in the diet: these are not real foods and so they tax the body

Refined sugar. The average person consumes at least 140 pounds of sugar a year which robs the body of its vitamin B stores

Drugs: both recreational and prescription drugs deplete vitamin B

Toxins: poisons in the environment and personal care products deplete vitamin B complex

Malnutrition. Most people are malnourished because they are not eating the right kinds of foods

Cooking. Most people do not eat enough real, raw foods, so vitamin B is killed or so depleted that people are not getting enough of it in the diet
DO YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS?

Once your body has been deprived of the vitamin B complex due to reasons stated above, it begins to show symptoms (signs) of altered, diminished or poor health. This is because the vitamin B complex (within foods, not vitamin pills) is responsible for such a wide variety of activities, including cellular differentiation, transmission of nerve electricity, health of nerve cells, heart pulse rate, muscular contraction, digestion, brain function, thought processes and energy production. Without adequate vitamin B complex from foods, you can experience one or more of any one of these symptoms:

mental problems
heart palpitations
heart arrythmias
fibrillation
indigestion
chronic fatigue
chronic exhaustion
paranoia, vague fears, fear that something dreadful is about to happen
nervousness
ADD (attention deficiency), inability to concentrate, irritability
feeling of uneasiness
thoughts of dying