Ever think about getting a roomate?

Ericisme

Recently I've really wanted to move out of here, I live with my mom, step dad, and brother. They really don't help me in many ways, just with giving me food and a place to live. I get SSI but I doubt I'd have enough to live on my own with it. Also, I don't know if I'd actually wanna live by myself, that might get rather depressing and lonely. So I always think about how cool it would be to find a roomate to live with, I think that would be perfect for me, not lonely, and not with people that don't understand. Anyone else think that?

Remus

Staff member
I've thought about this as I have a room spare but I dont want a flatmate who has hordes of people coming round to disturb my peace! lol

SilentStranger

Hmm a roommate/housemate would make things bit easier financially and I would be able to live in bit better place. And wouldn't get crap from everybody for living in this dump.

But having said that I am not sure I would feel ok living with a normal. My home is the only place I feel completely comfortable and its the place I feel I can recharge after a days work. I don't think I would feel completely free if somebody was here. Besides I don't want anyone to make feel like more of a loser, every time the roommate goes out, has friends over or gets laid.

-SS

Ericisme

Oh yea, forgot to mention I was talking about a roomate with SA too. My family is worse enough, some random stranger that doesn't know what SA is would be terrible...

ricky

I'd love a roommate since i not too sure how i could afford/want to live on my own. Living with family isnt helping and i hate the location where we are. A close mate or another SA roommate would be awesome.

Last edited:

Errordotocx

I will be moving out with a couple other people in a few months. I know of course that we will have our conflicts and things won't always be easy. But i'm wanting to get the experience and just change things up a bit. I honestly can't wait.

2Crowded

yes...I would like the idea myself....but one friend I have local ...has ocd & isent interested in it....to happy living where he is at with his mum.

TheNewZero

I had a roommate once. Bleh. I didn't know her, and it was terribly awkward to be in the room with her because I couldn't for the life of me try to make conversation with her. I thought about sharing an apartment with my friend once back when I had friends, and I think that would have been better than a stranger. But for me, I like living alone better. I find it hard to be myself around people, even my friends. It's hard work acting like a human, I'm exhausted whenever I stay over at a friends house or something. But I do think it would be a lot easier to room with someone who had SA too. I think they would understand that sometimes you just need some alone time, or don't want to talk.

ErinReives

I think I'd like living with someone with SA. They would understand more and we could help each other out. Yah, I think it would be nice. But..I guess that's only a pipedream.

Errordotocx

The people I am looking to move out with are the exact opposite of myself. Talkative, outgoing, assertive, popular...etc. I think the choice is good for me. It forces me into an uncomfortable situation and I become forced to cope. The end result should hopefully be positive.

The people I am looking to move out with are the exact opposite of myself. Talkative, outgoing, assertive, popular...etc. I think the choice is good for me. It forces me into an uncomfortable situation and I become forced to cope. The end result should hopefully be positive.

I think too that living with people that are the opposite socially would be a good thing- as long as they're understanding/nonjudgmental. You could be exposed to a lot more people through their friends, and maybe make more yourself.

Errordotocx

I think too that living with people that are the opposite socially would be a good thing- as long as they're understanding/nonjudgmental. You could be exposed to a lot more people through their friends, and maybe make more yourself.

Yeah, thats what i'm looking for. They both know how I am and both want me to become less shy. Especially one of them, which is determined to remove the shyness from me haha.

SalemEdgerton1

If it meant moving away from home then yeah i would though I hated the last roommate I had in college...smoked weed way too much and puked on my sheets.

ErinReives

You should move out. Get out while you can and don't let money hold you back cause you can find a way to pay for it [if you have a roommate]. Probably you'd want more than only one roommate so it's less expensive. Ya and you might actually get better by moving out.

Ericisme

Meh, I'd just love to live with somebody who could understand, my family gets really annoying and actually make it harder.

Last edited:

xSleepy

I've thought about this a few times. It would be awesome to have a roomate. Maybe 2, so it would be 3 of us. But before I even think about getting a roomate I really have to get a job. And yeah, that parts not so easy.

And I would want to live with people who were like me. I already know the process I would have to go through to get a roomate. Find a place, probably an apartment, and find out how much everything will cost and make sure i can pay my share if split with other people. Then I could put out a classified add or something saying im looking for a roomate and describe the type of people id like to live with. Then after that hopefully people call and we can talk more about it.

I dont think i can move in with someone. Id rather us all move in together at the same time. It would make me feel really uncomfortable moving into someones house or apartment... cause they probably have their own rules and i dont wanna feel obligated to do whatever they ask of me just because im the one who moved into their space.

i have it perfectly planned in my head... but everything always goes wrong for me and i'll probably just end up really disappointed, homeless, or back with my mom
:eek:

Last edited:

Ericisme

I've thought about this a few times. It would be awesome to have a roomate. Maybe 2, so it would be 3 of us. But before I even think about getting a roomate I really have to get a job. And yeah, that parts not so easy.

And I would want to live with people who were like me. I already know the process I would have to go through to get a roomate. Find a place, probably an apartment, and find out how much everything will cost and make sure i can pay my share if split with other people. Then I could put out a classified add or something saying im looking for a roomate and describe the type of people id like to live with. Then after that hopefully people call and we can talk more about it.

I dont think i can move in with someone. Id rather us all move in together at the same time. It would make me feel really uncomfortable moving into someones house or apartment... cause they probably have their own rules and i dont wanna feel obligated to do whatever they ask of me just because im the one who moved into their space.

i have it perfectly planned in my head... but everything always goes wrong for me and i'll probably just end up really disappointed, homeless, or back with my mom
:eek:
Haha yea, exactly. I always like fantasize almost and plan out everything, but I'm sure it'll never happen. It would be scary, I'd need a job, and I'd need to learn to pay bills and etc.