FACIAL AND EYE TWITCHING

avid_merrion

Hi all

i just want to know if any of you guys suffer from facial or eye twitching and if so is it serious and is it psychological or emotional related. I was told off one of my lecturers that one side of my mouth twitches as well as my eyelid sometimes i was taking fluoxetine 20mg and propranolol 80mg i stopped taking both suddenly could this be a side effect of is it something else any comments most welcome thank you.

avid_merrion

Thanks guys for your replies i am just worried that i may of been having seizures now and then as one night when i was out with some colleagues from uni and they said that i sat there in a fixed stare for quite a while some tried to speak me and they said i never responded i do not even remember this i then got up and walked home and when i got home i was tired and confused and fell asleep when i went in on the monday my colleagues told me about what happened and i could not remember a thing this has happened before with my ex and it freaked her out again i knew nothing of it and when she told me i could not remember a thing this along with the twitching is scaring the shit out of me does anyone hear think its epilepsy or is it psychological any more input would be of great use i have been starting and stoping with meds for a long time too and that cannot be good could this be the cause or is it something else ?

Also i have had a previous history of head injury when i had concussion after i got attacked i was released from hospital a few days later. This was 6 years ago.

LilMissTragic

I have something similar. I call them white outs. Basically i got into stare mode without realising it and people talk to me and I dont hear a thing. Sometimes the realisation kicks in that i'm doing it and sometimes I find it hard to pull myself out of it. I dont forget anything but its like my mind switches off for a while. Its quite a weird experience and i have done it since i was a little kid. Weirdly, i kinda like

JWH

I nervously swallow or sniff at times. The other day, I sniffed as I walked by every single person.

Hope

I've had the twitches (also in my arms). They're usually related to an extremely stressful (often SP-related) time I was going through at the time. The 'cure' was usually a few nights of extra-long sleep. They seem to disappear within a week. If they persist, I'd see a doc.